Officially Friends

oooohhh i dont like how many people are actually reading this... 💀 i think it's too late to turn back now tho LOOOL--
Slight spoilers for Gwen's part! this chapter is unnecessarily long and basically just establishes that you n your spider have a friendship

   Gwen Stacy
Since you saw Gwen more often, you invited her to your house for lunch. She declined at first, still afraid of making another connection after what happened to Peter. After a bit of thinking though, and some persistence on your end, she gave in. She wasn't ready to show you her identity yet so she only lifted her mask up enough to eat and drink.
"I'm glad you finally decided to accept my offer, Spidergirl!" You said, taking a sip of your drink.
     "Well, I'm glad you decided to invite me. I... really needed this," she replied with a smile.
"You're welcome! I can only imagine how difficult it is to be Spiderwoman," you said in a sympathetic tone, reaching over to gently place a hand over hers.
The gesture surprised her, and she almost jumped back. Instead though, she used her other hand to pat yours before pulling them both away again.
"Oh shoot, what time is it? I gotta get home soon," she said, beginning to stand and lowering her mask back down.
"It's fine if you need to leave! I'm grateful for getting the chance to spend some time with you," you said, getting up with her.
She nodded her head and smiled through her mask, making her way to the nearest window.
"Thank you again for inviting me, I really enjoyed spending time with you," she said, leaning against the window frame.
You walked over, standing a few feet away from her and smiling. "Maybe the next time you're not busy you could stop by again..?"
"...I'll think about it," Gwen said, a hint of playfulness in her tone. With that, she hopped out the window and climbed up towards the roof. She definitely intended to hang out with you again, and only said she'd think about it to tease you. For the first time in a while, you were the first person she felt she could call a friend.

Hobie Brown
You and Hobie never really established that you were friends, but you knew that your relationship was based on friendship. You both did and said things with each other that you would only say and do with friends. Still though, you couldn't help but wonder where the two of you stood with each other; he was a pretty well known artist, so you suspected he had many friends. You were just hoping you were one of them, but in the small case that you weren't...
"Hey Hobie?" you asked one day as you both sat on your couch, listening to some punk rock music.
"Hm?" he hummed.
"What are we?" you asked directly. He seemed caught off guard by the question, turning to you wide eyed.
"Woah woah woah, what? We're just friends aren't we?" He asked, both perplexed and surprised. You laughed at his reaction, raising one hand to lightly punch his arm.
"Don't worry, Hobie, it was just a question!" You replied, still laughing. "I kinda had a feeling we were friends but I just wanted to be sure."
He sighed in relief, his body relaxing as he did. "What made you think we weren't friends? We hang out a lot, yeah?"
"Well yeah," you began. "But I figured you had a ton of friends already; friends that you'd wanna hang out with more than a stranger you met three weeks ago."
Now it was his turn to laugh, making you give a confused, lopsided smile. "What the hell made you think I had loads of friends?" He said. "Just because I talk to lots of people doesn't mean I actually like them; hell, I don't even remember half the people I meet."
"Oh!" you exclaimed, a bit embarrassed at your assumption. "Well then... what made you decide to be friends with me?"
"I dunno," he replied simply, shrugging his shoulders. "I jus' think you're cool that's all."
You smiled widely at the compliment; he rarely ever complimented anyone so this felt like an honor to you. He took notice as he glanced over at you.
"Don't think I won't hesitate to drop you," he said, obviously joking and trying to check you ego. You laughed again, getting up from your seat.
"Hah! I know you won't leave me, I'm probably the bestest friend you've ever had!"
"I mean... there's Pav."
"What?"