Babysitters

"This blows," I stared out of the back window of the car, forehead pressed against the glass. We were headed to the hotel this Leo guy had been staying at. We were officially baby sitters. "This is a shit assignment!"

"What can ya do?" Riggs squinted as the smoke from his cigarette blew up into his eyes.

"Quit."

"No, no, none of that now."

"When I was discharged they told me I'd be into all the action! But no, instead we're going to some fancy ass hotel to babysit a rat."

"It happens."

"Yeah. It happens." Adjusting myself between the front two seats, I rested my head on my palms.

"Don't worry Lyss, once we get back on the drug and weapon case, things will be much better," Rog spoke as he turned the corner as we neared the hotel. I huffed and puffed, then coughed incessantly from the inhale of Riggs' smoke.

"Can you put that shit out, please?" I barked, still coughing.

"Oh does this bother you?" He pondered sarcastically.

"Listen to her Martin, put that shit out."

"Uhh... No."

"Martin!" I yelled as my eyes widened.

"I can't here you!"

"Riggs, I'm not kidding. You'll fucking kill Rog and me with all that secondhand smoke."

"Is that a promise?" He smirked, turning to face me. Quickly, I smacked his face and pulled the cigarette out from between his fingers.

"Bitch," I muttered, rolling down the window and tossing the cigarette.

"Attagirl," Rog laughed as the car came to halt.  Feeling accomplished, I smiled before sticking my tongue out at Riggs.

"Very classy guys. Very classy!"

"Never mind that Riggs, is this the place?" I interrupted looking up at the large building from the car window.

"Yup, this is it... Ready to babysit?" Riggs sighed looking at a post-it note with the hotel's name sprawled across it, clearly in no mood for the bullshit that was about to come.

Rog exhaled, "I'm too old for this shit."

A/N: Sorry for such a short chapter. I didn't want to cram the other stuff I have ready all into one chapter... More to come shortly!