Chapter One | Master Hope

« « « « «

« « « « «

Hope looks at her father and mother with tears in her eyes as team Avatar receives gifts from Pakku "Be safe our little water bender"

Hope gives them a sad smile "I will be, I will send letters as much as possible"

Her father chuckles lightly and her mother brings her into a hug and her father soon joins "I don't doubt you won't"

Hope leans into their touch savouring their touch as it will be a while before she feels this safe again "Remember your training with training the avatar, Pakku has let it go and has lifted my banishment so we will be fine"

Hope nods gently and pulls back to smile once last time at her parents and then she walks away from them. She walks over to team avatar and before she can climb on Appa Pakku stops her "Wait, I have something for you"

Hope can hear Sokka complaining in the back as Pakku takes out her gift and she smiles "What is it?"

"A Waterbending scroll, it is used for only the most powerful waterbenders, it is a way to draw water from the very air we breathe, I may be upset that you went against tradition but I have seen your potential and I do not want you to waste it"

Hope nods and Pakku pulls her into a quick hug and they step away from each other "Be safe, Hope"

She smiles sadly and climbs onto of Appa the beast giving a groan of contentment. Hope looks to her parents and gives them a reassuring smile and waves "Appa, yip, yip!"

The bison flies in the air and Katara shout to Pakku "Say hi to Gran-Gran for me!"

« « « « «

Team Avatar stop for a while to let Appa rest but Hope Aang and Katara weren't resting. Hope stands in the water across from Aang and Katara showing off her stance "See you just do as I did and the water will rise around you to make a water barrier"

Hope watches as they perform the same stance and are both quick to do it "Look, Look Hope I'm doing it!"

Aang says with great enthusiasm and Hope smiles at him "Yes you are both naturals I would even think Katara could teach you Aang"

"I don't think I'm ready for that yet"

Katara brushes a hair out her face as she blushes at the praise "You could, you may not even need me"

"Your company is enough"

Aang says with a big smile and Hope returns it and pulls out some scrolls and passes them to the two "Try these out they are a bit advanced but I think you both will easily be able to do them"