Chapter Two | Omashu

« « « « «

« « « « «

"You guys are going to be done soon, right? We have a lot of ground to cover if we're going to make it to Omashu today"

Hope looks over to Sokka who is lazily lying on a large leaf as he floats around "We will be done soon Sokka"

Katara looks over and gives him a smug smile "What? Like you're ready to go right now, naked guy?"

Hope and Aang laugh lightly and Sokka leans up and looks at them "I could be ready in two minutes"

Hope looks away from him and back to her two students "So Katara already knows the octopus form so I'm going to let her teach you"

"Aren't you meant to be the teacher?"

Hope rolls her eyes at Sokkas comment and looks at Katara and Aang "If Katara is able to teach you this method then it means that she has mastered it herself, the knowledge and movements are easier to stay in your mind if you teach it to someone else"

Katara smiles before turning to Aang and she starts teaching him the stance while Hope watches intently. She giggles to herself when she sees Aang blush as Katara adjusts his stance.

Aang bends the water, creating eight whip-like water tentacles and he carefully operates them. He starts fending off shards of ice that Katara repeatedly sends at him by throwing them away or dodging them.

He manipulates one of the tentacles, curling it around her leg, gripping it firmly and pulling on it letting her splash in the water. Hope steps forward and smiles "My turn"

Hope raises the water in a small wave and throws it at him he uses his air bending to split the water. Hope makes a whirlpool around her feet and lifts herself in the air and keeps sending blobs of water at him.

Aang has to resort to using air bending and Hope ends up falling into the water with a laugh "That was perfect Aang and Katara well done on teaching him you could be a master yourself sooner or later"

The two smile brightly and Katara turns to Aang "You make a fine octopus, Pupil Aang"

"And you also make a fine octopus, Pupil Katara"

The three look at each before falling into fits of laughter but it stops when they hear music coming from somewhere. We all look over and we see some people come out of the bushes singing and Sokka falls off his leaf.

The group of musicians finally see them and point over "Hey, river people!"

"We're not river people"