Chapter #1

-Phoebe 

Hm, I'll curl my hair today. No, I'll starighten it. Nah, I'l scrunch it. Ugh, f*ck this, I'm curling. Phoebe started curling, and got half of it done when she wanted to try out her new nail color. It was called, 'Fiery Sensation', and was a bright scarlet.

Phoebe looked at herself in the mirror, half a beauty, and half a morning mess. She started again with her nails, then stoped to put on some makeup. Her cheek bones went great with her face, or so she was told. Sh had chocolate brown eyes, and ruby-red lips. Her light brown hair  looked like it was diciding whether or not to go to school.

"Happy birthday to you! You are not twenty-two! But yes, yes you are, yes you are sixteen!" Phoebe jumped up, clutching her heart, which she felt it skip a beat.

"Mom! Dad! God, it's called KNOCKING!" Phoebe laughed at how insane her parents were.

"Well, if you don't want your highly pricefull gift, we can just give-"

"No! I want it! Now! Gimme!" Phoebe knew she sounded like a little kid, but she didn't care.

"Here." Her dad held out a long, rectangular box. Phoebe greedily took it out of his hands, and screamed like a litle girl when she opened the box. She heard the little jiggle, before she saw the new, silver car keys.

"You bought me a CAR?!" Her parents nodded, both smiling ear-to-ear. She ran to them, hugging them both hard enough to suck in their breath, so she thought she wasn't hurting them.

"Gah! I can't wait to see it!"

"Well then, go see it now." Her mother gave her a slight push out the door, and watched her daughter run down the hall like Saw was chasing her.

Phoebe ran outside, still in her robe, and half done hair with wet nails, and saw the hot new white car, a Kia Optima 2011. She jumped into it, sliding smoothly into the leather seats. She ran her fingers along the dashboard, thinking of how much it would impress her friends at school. And her enimies. Including Derek Otera. Oh God, how much she hated him. This outta lay him back a bit, Phoebe thought sourly. She though of all the bad moments she and her childhood-and-on bully had. Since day one, he started bullying.

Phoebe hadn't realized that she was clutching the wheel so hard that her knuckles turned white, until she heard her mother call her again from inside the house. She was snpped back into reality, even though she ddin't want to see the jerk ever again. She ran back inside, determinded to make this the best day of her life, so good that even Derek couldn't ruin it.

                                                                            ~*~*~*~

"Sup Pheebes?" Nick lost his th's for his normal s's, but didn't loose his red hair. Nick had dimples, and and almost a bright red hair color, like he dyed it. His jade green eyes softened and hardened with any changing situation. Phoebe always got lost in his eyes, but knew she couldn't look at him with eyes of anything other than a friend. Nick was tall, but had a built-figure, so it fit him.

"Hey Nick. Still younger than you, but older than yesterday!" She always loved saying that, it made him smile.

"Yeah, that's literal. Hey, since you only turn sixteen once in your life-"

"You say that every year, changing the age number," Phoebe added.

"-I dicided to give you something, and I hope you like it." Nick reached into his backpack, and pulled out a box.

 Phoebe gasped as she saw he new IPhone 5 shinning through the clear, plastic box.

"Wow, Nick, I can't. It's too much!"

"Phoebe, It's to be yours. I've been saving on it. And now you can text me, and Ess, and half the school." She knew he meant it jokingly, referring to the fact that she had a lot of friends.

"Then, I have to buy you something too. For your birthday. It'll be pay-back for all the years I didn't give you anything." She ran to Nick, and wrapped her hands around his neck. Nick tensed up a bit, but then melted in, and wrapped his arms around her waist.

"Whoa, having a moment, aren't we now?" Ess pretended to look shocked, and backed up a few steps. Phoebe laughed, while Nick slightly blushed. "Kidding, yo. hey, Pheebes. I bought you a present!" Phoebe laughed, because she remembered her last gift from Ess, a cast of a heart slit in two, both having part of the words, "Best Friends 4 Eternity".

Ester had jet black hair, and a girly pose when she wasn't walking, or sitting. She was a little taller than Phoebe, but not quite Nick's height. She was any man's dream, well, Phoebe thought that any way. Ester's face was angelic with a touch of rebel- high cheek bones, a small nose, thick lips, but not too thick, and bright blue eyes that sparkled deviously.

Ess pulled out a suncatcher, with little wind chimes playing in a high harmony.

"Beautiful," Phoebe breathed. The suncatcher was divided into multiple parts, some hearts, an anther part stars, and rainbows, all beautifully colored, with the wind chimes a light pink. Phoebe ran to hug Ess, but the look on Ess's face could kill even the toughest of things. She stoped mid-way, allowing her body to fully regester the look, which she only gave certain people.

"Aw, now isn't that wonderful?" Phoebe's jaws locked, and slowly turned to face the new, sarcastic voice.

"What do you want?" Phoebe closed her fists, waiting for a responce.

"Me? Nothing. Oh, today's your birthday, isn't it? Want me to give you a hug?" Derek opened his arms wide, advancing forward.

"Don't touch me! Why can't you just leave me alone?" Phoebe slooked at the tall, handsome jock with  firm but pleading eyes. Derek  had a posse with him, which folowed him through-out the school. The posse included a few cheerleaders, and three or four other jocks.

"Aw, sweetheart," Derek started with a fake sweet tone, then turned menacing. "Because I can. If you want," Derek started again with the 'sweet' tone, "I can leave you alone a bit more."

"Really?" Phoebe raised her right eyebrow high in disbelief.

"Hell no!" Derek laughed out, his loud laugh filling the hall way and turning heads. Phoebe shook her head, and turn to leave when a strong hand grabed her upper-arm. Phoebe started being pulled towards Derek.

"Don't-" Phoebe never finished becasue Ess and Nck finished for her.

"Even think about touching her!" The hand loosened and a low snicker came out deep from Derek's throat.

"What ever." He left, his posse following.

"Wow," Phoebe said, "what a way to start the day."

"Nick laughed, and said, "Hey, it rymes!" trying to lift up the heavy atmosphere, but failing badly.

"Let's go to class." Ess pulled her arm, and Nick followed.

                                                                                       ~*~*~*~

 The rest of the day went by great. Derek shot her looks, but didn't bother to harrass her any more that day. About 10 people in every class said happy birthday, and in one class every one hid, then jmped out and screamed, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PHOEBE!" so loud that even Phoebe shrieked.

People from all around came to sing to her, "Happy Birthday" right when Ester and Nick started in lunch. Phoebe blushed madly, felt like crying. No one has ever done thins before, Phoebe thought. This IS the best day ever.

Phoebe went home walking, not walking to take her car to school. She walked thinking of her day.