Chapter #3

See you partner...

The words rung in Phoebe's head for the rest of the day, making her barely see what was two inches infront of her. She was listening to Ester ramble on about her day, and how excited she was to go to the mall.

"...and so I was reaching down to get my pencil, when I feel some one push me to the floor! I mean, who does that?... Pheebes? Pheebes? Phoebe? Phoebe, are you even listening to me?!"

"Wha-what?"

"Ugh, never mind. Forget it."

"Sorry Ess. It's just that... well, I got the worst partner, ever! I even tried to talk Profesor Wilks out of it, but he just won't listen!"

"Oh, yeah. I got paired with some really quiet dude. Ugh. I wasn't it there when he was giving them out. Who are you stuck with?" Phoebe didn't want to answer, so she let Ess guess.

"Is it... Kevin, the physically-crazy guy?" Phoebe shook her head. 'Is it...Rick, the fat dude?" Phoebe chuckled, and shook her head. "Is it... um... Will, the mentally challenged boy?" Phoebe cracked up, trying hard not to fall over.

"Ess, you're so mean!"

"Yeah, well, it's true, isn't it?"

"What ever. Just guess harder!" Phoebe still laughed, but sobered up when Ester said something jokingly.

"I feel bad for who ever got Derek."

"I know, right? I hate my life." Ester cought on fairly quickly, stopping dead in her tracks.

"You got Derek? I... wow. Sorry, buddy."

"Tried to talk Profesor Wilks into letting me switch partners with the one you got, so I could be with you. But... nothing. Just a 'take this as a getting-to-know-eachother-better-experience'" Phoebe imitated the profesor's deep, British accent.

"Ew." Ester shook her head disgustingly just as they made their way to Phoebe new Sentra. She quickly changed the subject. "Dude, I can never get over the fact that your parents bought you a car! Wanna trade parents?"

"Nah. I like mine. You can trade with Nick, though." Ess stuck her tongue out a Phoebe while she laughed.

Phoebe opened the doors and was about to get in when she heard Ess sigh. "What is it?"

"It's your 'partner'. Can we leave before he gets too close?" Phoebe answered by  starting up the engine and putting the car into gear.

They were about to turn the corner to the corner when a a red car followed them Just a coincedence, Phoebe thought. She had passed 5 lights when the car was still behind her.

"Ess, tell if the car is still behind us when I tell you." Ester nodded. Phoebe took a sharp, speeded turn to the left, then at a right, slowing down only a degree or two. "is it there?"

"Pheebes, I'm scared. We got a fucing tail!"" Phoebe heart went stone cold.

"Uh, it's just probably some one playing a trick on us. Watch, I'll pull over. T' see what they do." Phoebe slowly reached a side on the road, where it was for cars stopping. The black car also pulled over, about twenty feet away from Phoebe's car. Ester wanted to stay in the car, but Phoebe forced her out.

"Well, well, well. If it isn't my partner. Fancy meeting you here."

"No, not really. Not when you followed me here."

"Well, I wanted to talk to you about our project, amiga. But, you ran off, and I  follwed you. Simple and innocent." Phoebe rolled her eyes.

"Okay, so, you're here. What do you want?"

"We need to work on it. It's do Thursday, ya know."

"Yeah, I do know. And it's Tuesday. It's due next week, you fucking dimshit."

" Derek shrugged. I'm a slow worker."

"Ugh, fine. tommorrow, at the library. M'k?"

"Okay." Derek 'beamed' with excitement. "See you then, partner." Phoebe wanted so badly to slap him, but instead grabed a fistful of jeans near her thighs. She mumbled a 'bye', then walked towards her car with Ess in tow.

"I can't believe he actually followed you. Us, really."

"Yeah, well, I can't believe more than half the things he does," Phoebe retorted. They both reached the car and opened the doors at the same time.

"Hey, we were going to the mall, right?"

"That's right, Ess. Now, let's get going before... we miss the sale!" Phoebe unexpectedly hit the gas pedal, and Ester shrieked in alarm.

"You fucking sicko!" Phoebe cracked up as she slowly lifted her foot from the gas. A red light aproched, and she hit the brakes full on, barely missing a runner half-way through the street. Phoebe blocked out the runners loud profanities. The light turned green and the runner was still infront of her, but Ester wasn't about to lose her sale.

"Hey! Yeah, you! Get out of the damn street! You're causing traffic!"

"I don't give a fuck!"

"Just move buddie!" The guy from the car behind  them began yelling, too.

The runner finally moved, basically becasue a big, buff trucker threatened to get out and 'teach him a little lesson.' Thank God, Phoebe thought. "Off to the sale!"

"Yeah!" Phoebe felt free of worries, and headed straight to the mall.

"Mall, here we come!" Phoebe hit the gas pedal, and with a slight screetch of the tires, the were zooming off to the Mall and Nick.