8

I sit on Ethans bed reading and I'm haphazardly listening to his facetime conversation with Benny. Ethan keeps fidgeting with his clothes while talking to Benny so I set my book down to fully focus on their conversation.

"I'm not gonna do it, Benny." Ethan exclaims. "Come on I'm trying to he-" Ethan cuts Benny off,  Looking at the camera pointedly, "I don't need help! Look, I have my lucky socks, A clean shirt, and a Fresh bottle of cologne." I sigh at the cologne part because I had gotten my cousin that bottle four years ago.

"Dude you have absolutely no game" Benny says, I hum in agreement. Benny looks at me and we give each other a little wave. Ethan turns around at me and scowls but then focuses back onto Benny. "And you do?" Ethan questions.

"No but-" I laugh at Benny's response but he quickly cuts me off to continue what he was saying."But my dad is currently in the dating scene, Which means I have unrestricted access to THIS! Be a Man magazine!" Benny brags about the embarrassingly, overexaggerated masculine magazine.

"Fine!" Ethan Sighs in defeat.

"Now I'll pretend to be Sarah." Benny starts, but I bring myself into the conversation, "Wait, Why can't I be Sarah?". The boys both look at me and Ethan gags, "Because you're my cousin you weirdo!".

"I didn't mean it like that!" I exclaim while covering my face in embarrassment.

Ethan looks back to the camera and sighs. "This is stupid."

"Just do it!" I encourage him. Ethan mumbles an 'Okay' before relaxing himself. I stay sitting on the bed and watch their roleplay conversation unfold.

"Hey Sarah, What's up?"

Benny makes his voice all high pitched "Oh, Hey, Ethan. I'm just hanging out. You know Shopping and stuff."

"I was just wondering if maybe you'd like to go see the new Galactitac movie with me on saturday?" Ethan says nervously.

"You and Me?" Benny asks Shyly "Like on a date?" Benny pauses to think "No."

"Hey! I thought you were supposed to be helping me." Ethan yells at Benny. But Benny argues back "I am! What if she says no? What, Are you just gonna give up?".

Ethan pauses to think "Mmm... Yeah, Probably"

"Wrong Answer! Close the deal! Convince me! Make me feel like I'm the only girl in the world. Be a man!" Benny encourages Ethan. But then Benny ruins the conversation by putting a towel on his head and making his voice go higher again "Be my man!".

Ethan goes back into character, "Well, I'd really like to go on a date with you. You and I have this special connection that's really special. I feel like there is some cosmic reason we were thrown together." I look over to see my uncle standing in the doorway with his hands full of towels. My uncle looks at me with a questioning look and I just smile and shake my head.

"That's beautiful Ethan," Benny says.

"Plus, you are like, really pretty" Ethan finishes.

My uncle drops the towels at that statement making himself known to Ethan and Benny.

"Oh, Shit" My uncle laughs awkwardly, "Uh.. I have, uh, hockey tickets tonight. I thought maybe you, Benny and Y/n would like to come along, so, uh.. I'll just leave them here." My uncle turns around, setting the tickets down onto the nightstand next to me.

"Uh.. Dad. Heh.. This is NOT what it looks like." Ethan defends himself profusely.

Benny smiles and also tries to defend his case "Yeah! I'm trying to teach him how to be a man."