12. The Satan Pit Pt.3

They reached the rocket sooner than Sky thought they would. They boarded, and she helped Zach strap Rose into the seat next to Toby and Danny, directly behind her own. Then they all fastened themselves in, Sky beside Zach in the co-captains seat.

"Dislocating B clamp. C Clamp. Raising blu-nitro to maximum. Toby, how's the Negapact feed line?" As they talked, Sky turned her head and looked out the small window to her side, just about being able to look back at the base they had abandoned.

"Clear. Ready to go, sir. For God's sakes, get us out of here!" Toby replied.

"Captain, I think we're going to have a problem passenger." Sky turned slightly to look at Rose as she started to come to.

"Keep an eye on her." Zach said after looking back wearily.

"Wait. We're not..." 

"It's all right, Rose. You're safe." Danny spoke softly to her as she awoke.

"I'm not going anywhere!" She jumped to life screaming. "Get me out of this thing! Get me out!" The rocket started to rumble as they got closer to taking off. Sky gripped the seats and stayed silent.

"And lift off! Whoo!" The crew all smiled and screamed as they powered forward, picking up speed by the second.

As they pulled away from the impossible planet, Sky could only watch the distance between herself and the base grow. She was flying away from him once again and it hurt. Where was she going to go? Back to the TARDIS? The mere thought was enough to make her stomach turn.

Out the corner of her eye, Sky was pulled from her thoughts by the sight of Rose reaching a hand out to grab the dart gun which had been idiotically placed beside her. In a flash, the girls pointed the weapon at Zach and the whole ship sighed.

"Take me back to the planet." She moved the gun to Sky, very quickly returning the aim when the Time Lord turned around. "Take me back!"

"Or what?" Sky spoke honestly in the same tone she had used to address the beast, watching the girl. Sometimes you had to be cruel to be kind. 

"Or I'll shoot." Rose said shakily and kept her aim on Zach.

"Would you? Would you really?" Sky frowned while watching her. "Is that what the Doctor would want?" Sky held her hand out for the gun. It took a while but soon enough Rose passed it over and Sky placed it back down beside her.

"How could you just leave him?" Rose slumped back in her seat. "He's your husband."

"Huh, you kept that quiet." She heard Danny quip from the back but now was not the time.

"It's what he'd want." Was all Sky could say as she let a tear escape once more, this time not bothering to hide it. "And he'd want you safe too."

"Sorry, but it's too late anyway." Zach interrupted. "Take a look outside. We can't turn back. This is what the Doctor would have wanted. Isn't that right?" They pulled further and further away from the black hole, soon they wouldn't even be in it's hold anymore.

Sky chose to accept that as the reason Toby had started to laugh. "What's the joke?" Danny asked.

"Just, we made it. We escaped. We actually did it." He was grinning, but surprisingly not everyone shared his bright outlook on it all.

"Not all of us." Rose mumbled.

"And we're not out of it yet. We're still the first people in history to fly away from a black hole." Zach reminded them. Sky didn't know if any Time Lords had in the past...probably; they did semi invent them after all. "Toby, read me the stats."