Focusing on the First Goal I Had

(the titles supposed to mean that like the whole office thing was a side quest you get it LAUGH)

I handed QT the sewing supplies I'd gotten, smiling. "Took you long enough," N sighed. QT glared at them and I frowned. Did I take too long? I felt bad.

QT came next to N, messing with the thread and needle. "Thank you, dear!" He sighed, sounding happy. Then, he turned to me, looking a bit more awkward. "Can.. I just call you YN? I think it fits. Cause your eyes," he asked, before pointing to his main eyes. I thought for a moment, before nodding.

"Sure! I like that name. I haven't thought about giving myself a name yet." I smiled. "YN. I like that."

QT smiled back and turned back to N. He'd finished tying off the thread, and was ready to fix up N. QT pulled off one of the bandaids, giving himself some room. "Now, N.. do you need.. medicine? Does that work? Will this hurt?" QT asked, sounding genuinely concerned.

N shook their head. "It doesn't hurt all that bad. I think the needles are too small to hurt a whole bunch, ya'know? They pass through fabric very easily," they said, doing their signature half shrug. I was sure they were doing a half shrug in this case however because THEIR SHOULDER WAS OPEN. I took a breath.

"Oh!" I remembered the entire reason I came to the clinic in the first place. "Do you guys wanna come to the party me and P1 are doing?" I asked them. N looked at me, and QT's wings perked up.

"Well, what's the party for?" QT asked, before tilting N's head over to the left a little to get a better look at the tear.

"Just for fun. Parties are fun."

"Well, I can't say no to that," QT chuckled.

N winced a bit as QT began to sew them up, but didn't look too bothered. "Yeah, I'll come too. P1 throws good parties. There's always a bunch of candy, and I like candy."

I shrugged. "That's a good point, N." And I meant it. I agreed. Candy was great!

"Oh- P1 also asked me to go tell others about the party, so I'm gonna go do that." I then said, pointed behind me with a thumb.

QT nodded. "That's okay!" He said, putting his free hand up. "You go do that, be safe."

I nodded, and waved to N. They "smiled" at me, and I left.

I say "smiled" because they didn't have a mouth, at least from what I could tell. What should I say? "Made a happy expression at me"? That just sounds weird.

I left the clinic, and remembered the twinkie in my pocket. I took it out, and realized I hadn't eaten that day. Or barely at all that week. Did I need to eat? I wasn't sure. I unwrapped it and took a bite.

I liked Twinkies. I figured I should ask Mr for some when he got back.

I remembered how small my town was, and how over half the known population knew about the party.. Milo and P1 of course knew, and so did N and QT. Arthur, Sophie, and I wasn't sure if I should've counted Mr or not, were the only ones who didn't know. I couldn't decide if I wanted to see Miss Sophie or Arthur first.. I'd already seen Sophie a lot that day, and Arthur might've been busy. I was stressing myself out way too much thinking about this.

I sighed, and decided to visit Sophie since the bakery was so close. I hurried to finish my Twinkie and made my way to the bakery.

As expected, Miss Sophie was sitting right in front of the bakery by her counter, and she was writing on a clipboard. The bell rang as I stepped inside, and Sophie turned her head up and smiled.

"Hey, hon! Come to see me again?" Sophie asked me, tilting her head a little. I smiled and nodded, closing the door behind me before rushing over to the counter.