Nightime Walk

(okay so um GIANT WARNING, this chapter has descriptions of horror, and gore, so please be warned and stay safe <3)

It was dark out, and it was quiet. Some street lamps were on, so I could at least see the sidewalk. I paused for a moment before starting my walk home.

I hummed to fill the silence, watching my feet as I walked. I noticed it was pretty cold out, which was unusual. I walked a little faster to try and stay warm.

I walked by the bakery, and watched as the lights in the windows turned off. I wondered what Sophie was doing. Probably getting ready for bed, I assumed.

I didn't see Arthur anywhere. That was strange, since he hadn't left much before me.

I pictured a frantic Arthur running all dramatically, hair blowing in the wind. I giggled.

I kept humming, starting to feel much more at ease. I walked with my hands in my pockets, to keep them from getting too cold.

Then, I heard a snap behind me, and it sounded like a little twig breaking. My breath hitched in my throat as I hurried to turn around and see what was behind me.

.. nothing. But, underneath the beam of light from a street lamp, was a broken stick. I figured that maybe I broke it and just didn't notice. I hesitantly turned back around and started my walk again.

"No biggie.." I mumbled to myself. I was a little upset that my house was all the way across town..

I fiddled with my fingers, keeping an eye on the sidewalk ahead of me. I looked up at one of the lights a few feet away from me, and swore I saw something big jump off it, a small vibration going through the pole. I slowed my walking down a little, and nervously passed the light.

I was definitely growing more wary and paranoid every step I took. I felt some sweat on my face, even though it was so cold out.

I kept trying to convince myself, "I'm safe here, this town's my home. Nothing here can hurt me!" I spoke aloud, quietly speaking under my breath.

Then, a low growl.

I stopped completely.

"P1?" I squeaked, slowly turning my head to my left. "Is that you? It's not funny." I spoke quietly, and let my arms drop to the side. I hoped that P1 would jump out of a bush and yell, "Surprise!", but of course he didn't.

I let out another fearful squeak as I noticed I was paralyzed with fear.

I sensed something, moving closer.

Why wouldn't my legs move?

Then, something that felt like it weighed as much as a house pounced on my back, and knocked me to the ground. All the air left my lungs, and I couldn't scream, I just wheezed. Everything went blurry.

The thing growled quietly, getting its face closer to mine. Something cold dripped onto my neck and I hyperventilated as I tried to breathe. Nothing felt real. The darkness, the sting of claws digging into my shoulders, the pain and shaking through my body, none of it felt real.

Fear was now the only thing I felt, as I fought for air. Its huge claws pressed down on my back and prevented me from moving. The only thing I could think was, "oh my god, oh my god, oh my god,"

Then, it dug its claws into my skin and tore across my back, all the way from the top of my left shoulder to my right hip, and I screamed. I felt my warm blood splatter on the back of my head, and could feel it pouring into my clothes and being absorbed by the fabric. I couldn't scream any more than I had, since I was still trying to just catch my breath. The pain spread through my body like wildfire, and tears quickly started to form in my eyes.

Then, the creature turned me over, my fresh wound now stinging against the cold, sharp blades of grass. I looked up at the beast, and it had a bunch shiny black of eyes peering down at me. I hated eyes. It opened its mouth, and I knew what that meant without having to think. My eyes widened, and I brought my violently shaking hands to grip it's face and push it away from me. I used all the strength I could, but the creature was strong. I didn't know what to do.

Then, it dragged its claw across my chest, leaving 4 new messy wounds. Blood splashed onto my face and a little got into my mouth, and I didn't want to look at the wound.

It also tore my sweater! How rude!

I rolled my head back as more tears came out, and I was so terrified I couldn't scream. I wanted to cry, yell, beg, anything, but I just couldn't.

I looked back at the monster and stared into its open mouth, a million razor sharp teeth staring back. I whimpered, but then looked at its big eyes.

I jabbed my thumbs into the things eyes, not being gentle in the slightest. It let out a huge shriek and jumped back, scratching the front of my shoulder as it did. I hurried to sit up, feeling some of the worst pain ever. Worse than when Mr would travel with me. I could feel the blood draining from my body.

I wheezed and groaned again as I stood up, barely keeping my balance. The beast ran away, and I never got a good look at it.

It all happened so fast.

My head was cloudy, and I sat up and coughed blood into my elbow as I looked down at my chest. My red blood mixed with the blue fabric of my sweater, making an ugly purple colour. I sniffled and wiped some blood and tears and whatever else off my face.

I felt extremely lightheaded. "Just.. get home.." I coughed again, slowly walking back onto the sidewalk. I was just as dizzy, and held my head. My body was feeling a little less in pain, probably because of adrenaline, and I was grateful.

I needed to hurry home.

I somehow eventually made it, stumbling in the doorway. I looked behind me and saw the trail of blood I left behind. How was I supposed to explain that in the morning? I sighed and groaned in pain again as I walked inside.

My bleeding had slowed, which was good. I hurried to get my sweater off, but was careful to avoid my wounds. I tossed the shirt to the side.

Streams of blood trailed down my sides and stained my white jeans. I noticed that I had a huge scratch on my left thigh, 3 claw marks showing it. I slowly sat down in the kitchen, and rolled my head back, letting my wounds "air out" as I tried to relax. I put an arm around the backrest of the chair. The scratch on my back hurt like nothing ever before, but I was just so exhausted..

I closed my eyes.

Authors Note ~

😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰

I think y'all forgot this is semi-horror

How is YN alive 😰

Lmao

I'm excited for the next one :]

Sorry if there's any typos 😔

Sincerely, the Drippy Wizzard 🪄🪄

Jeez louise -2024