But It's raining

This Chapters soundtrack-

(Carnival Of the Animals-Camille saint) (1 hour version)

The carriage finally stopped, Susan rushed me out of my seat belt. 

"Do you want an umbrella?" She asked, as I was opening the door. 

"What? No I have to go before it's too late!" 

Susan yelled out the window, "But it's raining!!" 

I ignored her as I ran through the crowd getting full on  drenched in the downpours, I continued through the crowds,  tucking my soaking wet hair behind my ears, my shoes slipping in puddles and small patches of mud. But I couldn't have cared less. I looked for anyone in a uniform that might be able to tell me where he was. 

I looked up at a sign above an archway leading to the railroad tracks. It said the South Carolina train had been scheduled to leave at 8pm. I didn't even have any idea what time it was. 

I ran up to a man with an umbrella and asked him  for the time, he looked at me funny. In a French accent he asked me, "are you alright M'am? You look panicked."

"What time is it!" I yelled at him. 

"I do not know M'am." He said, stuttering. English definitely wasn't his first language. 

I saw an old lady sitting in her glass booth selling tickets, she looked happy to be watching everyone get poured on while she could sit in her booth and stay dry.

"Excuse me? M'am? What time is it?"

"7:59pm dear, are you buying a ticket?"

"Did the South Carolina Train Leave yet?" I asked frantically. 

"I believe it's leaving now dear, there's always next week."

"Next week! He may not be alive then if he left already!" I screamed, turning around and looking at the railroad tracks. 

"Are you looking for a solider?" She asked.

"Yes, It can't be too late just yet-" I ran towards the tracks, my dress was literally soaked from top to bottom, along with my velvet jacket. My hair was soaked aswell, so I continued tucking it behind my ears to keep it from getting in my face.

I ran towards the tracks to see a train that had already left, about to enter the tunnel. 

The rain poured and the train left in the distance and slowly faded into the tunnelI stood there and watched it until It was no longer visible because of the darkness.