-1-

Tomorrow would be my first day at top gun a place I thought I'd never return to. An old friend of mine, Phoenix, invited me to a bar called hard deck. I got dressed and ready to go I knew if I was late Phoenix would scold me like she did at my last command.

 I got dressed and ready to go I knew if I was late Phoenix would scold me like she did at my last command

(Outfit)

As I walked into the bar I was greeted by the smell of bar food and booze. I scanned the room and found the other pilots playing pool. Before I went to join them I stopped by the bar to get a drink. "Hey there what can I get you?" I nice lady with brown hair asked. "Hi can I please get a coors light?" I asked smiling back at the woman. As she got my drink I looked around and saw someone who looked way to familiar for my liking, Pete 'maverick' mitchell. As we made eye contact I looked away back at the bartender.

"Here you go sweet heart. My names penny if you need anything else" she smiled at me handing me the beverage. "Thank you." I said handing her cash and walking to the other pilots. I could feel mavericks eyes watching me the whole time.
As I made my way to Phoenix she spotted me and ran over to hug me. "I've missed you girly." She said squeezing me tightly. I returned the hug "I've missed you too it's been too long." As we broke away from the hug she introduced me to the others.
"Guys this is my best friend ever Autumn 'Medusa' Mitchell. She was the class below us in top gun." She said. "Medusa this is coyote, fanboy, bob and bagman." She said pointing at each other. "Actually it's hangman, and Mitchell huh? Sound familiar." Hangman said smirking at me. I could tell his ego was through the roof.
"No it doesn't actually. It's just me." I hate bringing attention to my dead beat father. He left when I was 7 years and never returned, but he pulled my papers from the academy. I should've been in longer than majority of these guys.  My mom barely talked about him.

As we continued the game of pool another pilot showed up and he caught my eye right away. "Bradshaw! Is that you?" Phoenix asked. "This is how I find out you're in the states." She continued. The name sounded way to familiar to me as I watched him and Phoenix talk. I'm pretty sure my mom mentioned maverick being friends with a Bradshaw but he passed when they were flying in top gun. "Rooster this is Medusa she was a class behind us at top gun and is my best friend for like ever." She introduced.

I looked up at him and smiled he had a solid foot and a calf on me. "Nice to meet you," I said holding out my hand. "Likewise." He said shaking my hand returning the smile. As the night continued I could feel a pair of eyes on me. Rooster went and unplugged the jukebox and started playing the piano as hangman and a few others went to go throw maverick out of the place. Phoenix took my hand and we went to rooster as he started singing great balls of fire and we sang with him.

As we were singing and having fun I looked out and saw maverick watching us. I don't know if he recognized me even if he hasn't seen me 16 years. As the night came to a close I said my goodbyes and started walking to my truck. As I was I heard heavy footsteps coming up behind me. I turned to see rooster.

"Hey." He said and smiled. "Hi rooster. What can I do for you?" I asked and leaned against my truck. "I was wondering if I could get your number and we could hang out sometime just me and you." He said scratching the back of his neck. He was nervous but in a cute way. Rooster was a very attractive man and his personality was great no doubt. "Yeah of course" I said and put my hand out for his phone and typed my number in. "I'll see you tomorrow rooster." I said as he opened my truck door for me and closed it once I got inside. "See ya and drive safely." He said.

He watched as I drove off, when I got home I showered and got ready for bed. As I was getting ready my phone went off.

[unknown number] hey Medusa it's rooster, you free Friday night?

I read the text and replied,

[Me] yeah of course just let me know what time and here's my address,
[rooster] awesome I'll pick you up at 1800. Goodnight.
[Me] goodnight rooster.

I smiled at the text and went to bed. Ready to get my first day over with tomorrow.