-4-

As the night went on it was hard for me to sleep. All the stuff Maverick said stayed in my head. When the morning came and I was getting dressed to leave Bradley gave me some of his clothes he had in his truck so I didn't have to put on my flight suit. "You look cute in my clothes." He said smiling at me I smiled back and waiting for maverick.

The hospital called over an hour ago so he could come sign papers but there was no sign of him. Rooster walked out and the nurses let him sign my papers. "Let's go." He said walking back in. As we walked out and to his truck maverick came running up us. "Hey autumn hunny I'm so sorry." He kept apologizing as I got into roosters truck and he closed the door for me. "You had a rebound to be there for your kid when you told her you'd be there and still didn't show." Rooster said and got into his side of the truck and drove me back to my place.

"How about tonight we go a retry on date night and I come over and make you dinner and we just chill for the night?" He asked. I nodded and smiled a little. "Yeah that sounds nice." He grabbed my hand and kissed it softly. "I really like you autumn. You drive me crazy but in a good way." He said. I looked over at him smiling more. "I really like you too Bradley." He kissed my hand multiple times again and carried me inside my home. "I'll be back tonight with groceries to start cooking ok?" He said I nodded as he kissed my head and left.

I took a shower and cleaned up around my house when I heard a knock on the door. I went to open it and there stood maverick. "Can we talk please" he begged. It looked like he had been crying. I let him in and closed the door behind me. He looked at the photos above my fireplace one is of me and him when he came home from a year long deployment.

"Autumn I'm sorry I woke up late this morning and got stuck in traffic on the way to the hospital. I wanna make up for being a shitbag of a dad to you. I want an actual relationship with my daughter not a broken one." He said and looked at me. "I see how happy you are with Bradley and that makes me happy that you're happy. That's all I want is for you to be happy." He said and sat down, as I sat across from him.

"If you wanted me happy you should've never left. I needed my dad but you were never there, a dad is supposed to be his daughters first love and hero not her first heartbreak and someone she never wants to see again, you did that though you caused it." I said with my voice trembling.

"I get that and I wanna fix that, so please let me fix it." He said as I nodded slowly. He got up and walked towards me with his arms open. I stood up and hugged him and started crying into his chest. "I'm so sorry autumn. I never wanted to hurt you." He said holding me.

I didn't say anything and continued to hold onto him sobbing, I was frustrated, frustrated with him, with my accident just everything. After a few minutes I pulled away and wiped away tears. "You should go before rooster comes back." I didn't make eye contact and moved out of his way. He nodded and left not to wanting to say the wrong thing.

A couple of hours later rooster came back with groceries to cook with. "Sooo quick note I don't know how to cook," he said sheepishly and scratched the back of his head. I giggled a little at his comment "that's ok I'll show you." I put on some old school music and started cooking with him showing him how. He came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist. I leaned back into him while continuing to cook.

"So maverick stopped by." I said cautiously. "Oh yeah? What for?" He asked rubbing my side. "Wanted to work things out to get a relationship with his daughter, he's glad that me and you are happy with each other, and he apologized for being a shit bag of s dad." I said turning in his arms and putting my arms around his neck.

"Well at least he's trying I guess. And he's happy with us being together brings me to my question for you." He said moving some hair out of my face. "I like you so much, I haven't been this happy in a very long time, and I like to know if you'd do me the honors of being my girlfriend officially." He asked smiling at me, as I returned the smile, "I thought you'd never ask." I said.

He leaned down and placed his lips along mine. This was a new feeling I haven't felt before. I returned the kiss while rubbing the back of his neck. After s few moments it started to become a heated make out session. After a bit we pulled away breathless. "We will continue this after dinner." I said and went back to cooking as he chuckled and kissed my temple.

After dinner and we cleaned up we made our way to the living room to watch a movie. He was laying in between my legs as I played with his hair. "Hey Roos." I said looking at the screen still, "what's up beautiful?" He said looking up at me. "Are you scared for this mission." I said not making eye contact. Deep down I was scared. What if we both got chosen and didn't make it back, or if only one of us were chosen.

"A little bit but I think we'll be ok." He sat up a little as I looked at him. "We'll be ok I promise." He added as I nodded a little. He sat up and opened his arms, as I crawled over and straddled him and he hugged me to his body.

I kissed him passionately and he automatically kissed back picking up where we left off earlier. He stopped up holding me by my butt and walked to the bedroom not breaking the kiss. The rest of the night was filled with a lot of love and lust, and neither of us would've wanted it any other way.