seven.

THE AGENT - VOLUME 1chapter seven !

chapter seven !

⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⋆⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶

ONCE I was able to make sure Natasha's still-bleeding wound was bandaged by the vest top I was wearing underneath the uniform Pierce's men were wearing, Maria didn't hesitate and neither did Steve. Steve was able to break out of his handcuffs as Maria made quick work of undoing Natasha, Sam and his wife's, whose name I now knew to be Jasmine, own handcuffs and then, suddenly, there was a hole in the bottom of the van. And Maria wanted us to jump out of it at the next traffic stop. I wasn't sure if Maria had totally thought this through. With a bullet in Natasha's shoulder and me just being generally fucked in the leg department, I didn't see how either of us would get out of this without getting injured but we both ultimately decided to trust Maria and jumped out of the van after Steve with Sam and Jasmine on our heels before following Maria to her van that she had on standby.

Again, I sat beside Natasha in the back of the van, now stripped of the uniform Maria and I had to wear for our disguise, with Steve on Natasha's left and Sam and Jasmine opposite us, all three of them trying not to stare at Natasha with worried expressions. Although, now we could take a moment to actually breathe and not worry about being killed for a few hours, I took the time to take in our new allies. The couple looked and seemed sweet together, they seemed to compliment each other in every way they could. And Jasmine was stunning all on her own, not that Sam wasn't objectively attractive. It was just... Something about Jasmine made me not want to stop looking at her. Maybe it was the way her green shirt was making her dark skin and dark eyes stand out. Green was definitely her colour, that much was true, she made dark green look incredible on her. I wished I could say the same about myself.

We weren't in Maria's van for long. I could tell by the terrain under the tires that we weren't on a road anymore so I knew we were close to where Fury was and I squeezed Natasha's hand to let her know that we weren't far from actual medical help. She smiled a little at me and the van pulled to a halt a few seconds later, causing Steve, Sam and Jasmine to stand to their feet at once. Maria slid the door open and reached out to help me exit the van as Steve followed, jumping out first to help Natasha, and Sam and Jasmine brought in the rear, Sam sliding the door shut. Maria took me over to my new wheelchair that was waiting just outside the building and Natasha, stumbling as Steve held her, stared over at us, confused.

"I-Isn't that..." she started but Maria refused to let her speak, likely because we couldn't afford to get caught but also probably because she wanted Natasha to save her strength.