Klaus

VOICEOVER~ "The monster in me can only be checked by the monster in you."

Elena is waiting for Elijah to wake up. Suddenly he wakes up. Elena rushes over to him. He's in shock when he sees her

Elena: "Elijah."

Elijah: "Katerina!"

~

England 1492

Inside a mansion a party is underway. The room is filled with guests talking to each other. Trevor is speaking with a woman. He walks over to Elijah.

Sirius: "Dude... your old." Elijah rolls his eyes.

Elijah: "Ah, good evening, Trevor. I am pleased you could join us."

Trevor: "I could not miss the birthday celebration."

Elijah: "No, considering the gift you claim to bear. Where is this mystery girl of which you speak?"

Trevor: "Right this way." Elijah follows him. They join Katherine. "My dear."

Katherine: "Hello." Elijah is in shock.

Niklaus: "Reminded of your old love were you? Tsk. Shame she had to die."

~

Elena: "Elijah! It's me, it's Elena."

Elijah: "Oh, my God."

~

England 1492

Later in the party.

Elijah: "Forgive me. You remind me of someone."

Trevor: "Katerina, may I introduce the lord Elijah." Elijah holds out his hand. She takes it and curtsies.

Remus: "You changed your name? Why? Katerina's a pretty name."

Katherine: "I didn't have a choice. I had to change my identity if i wanted to survive." She looks at Niklaus "Thank's for that."

Niklaus: "It's my greatest pleasure sweetheart. If you wanted a peaceful life, you wouldn't have ran."

Katherine: "If i didn't run. Id be dead."

Katherine: "Pleasure, my lord."

Elijah: "The pleasure's mine. Katerina." He kisses her hand.

~

He closes his eyes. Elena gets closer but his body spasms. He gets up and is gasping for air.

Elijah: "I can't-I can't breathe! What's happening to me?" He rushes over near the door but slams into the doorway. She rushes over to him and holds him up. "I can't...I can't be in this house."

James: "Oh. Imagine suffocating because of a house."

Sirius: "Can relate. I suffocated every time i went home for summer." The originals frown, the remaining marauders seem used to these comments.  

Elena: "You're not invited in."

Elijah: "Then get me out of here." He slams into another wall and disappears. Elena runs after him and goes to the front door. Elijah is crouching outside. He gets up and rushes at her to enter but freezes at the threshold, unable to enter. "What happened?"

Elena: "Shh!" She shows him that Stefan and Damon can hear and she whispers. "I'll tell you. Not here. Can I trust you?"

Niklaus chuckles "Says the girl who betrayed him. And stabbed him in the back, twice."