1| Field Trip

LUNA CARTER

LUNA CARTER

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

My terribly obnoxious alarm went off, once again. For a moment, I just watched as it continued to ring. I do this a lot. Usually, I'm too tired to even care about the sound. I stay up too late either binging different shows or reading my latest library find. My mom constantly nags at me about how important sleep is for my growing brain.

The joys of having a doctor as a mom.

The vibration from the alarm clock is so severe that it makes the small amount of water in the glass on my nightstand shake. I got lost in the sight of the rippling water until my trance was broken.

"Luna! Get out of bed!" my mom yelled from presumably the kitchen. She says that I need more sleep, yet she never lets me sleep in. Good lord.

"Five more minutes. Please." I groaned, rolling over and pushing a strand of hair out of my face.

"No, Luna. You leave for your trip today, can't be late."

Ugh. That damn trip.

Don't get me wrong, I love going on trips. I love traveling. However, this is a school trip. I'm only going for extra credit.

⁺₊ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆

The trip is one week long. It's for my French class. We're taking a trip to Canada because the school is too broke to afford a trip to Paris. I love public school. Thankfully, we each only had to pay $90 for our tickets, the remaining fees are covered by our school.

One of the main reasons I love traveling is because of how fun it is. The thing is, I know this trip won't be fun, at all. I mean, it is a school trip after all. The entire time will be filled with learning. And to make matters worse, she will be there.

Tate Collins.

I hate her. She'll definitely do everything in her power to make this trip even worse for me.

Why did we have to be put in the same French class?

"Luna! Let's go!" my mom yelled, once again.

"Coming!"

•••

"Luna, honey." my mom regained my attention as I had been stuck on staring out the window since she started driving.

"Yeah?"

"You packed everything you need, right? A book for the long ride, your toothbrush-"

"Mom," I stopped her before she continued her extensive list.