6| Pirate's

LUNA CARTER

LUNA CARTER

    It was now our last day in Canada. Early in the morning, around 4:30, Tate and I began getting ready to finally go home.

    Tate is actually the one who woke me up this morning. We don't get on the bus until 6:00, but Tate said she has something to show me which I'm very curious about. She hasn't really found anything interesting this entire trip, I think the only thing she enjoys is making jokes about me, so I'm not sure what she could possibly be showing me.

    However, I've been confused lately, during these last few days of our trip. Tate has seemingly been nicer to me than usual. I mean, she's not necessarily being nice, but she isn't being mean either. She's not insulting me or arguing with me at all. That's sort of concerning. Is she sick or something?

    I looked up from my phone to see Tate walking out of the bathroom with wet hair. Her usual dirty blonde curls looked much darker when they were soaking wet. A few stray, shorter pieces of her hair fell perfectly in front of her face. She had already gotten dressed though.

    She wore baggy, camo cargo pants with a fitted black crop top t-shirt and her regular doc marten boots. She would of course wear her rings on all but two fingers and sling her leather jacket over her shoulder as she was almost never seen without it. Why does she always wear that thing, anyway?

"Bathroom's all yours, sunshine. Hurry up though, we gotta go so I can show you my...surprise." she made a face as if she was confused by her own wording but decided to go with it anyway.

    After I had gotten out of the bathroom and finished getting ready, I saw Tate standing there anxiously waiting for me. She was staring at her watch until I opened up the door, she stared at me instead.

"I'm ready, Tate." she said nothing in response, she just made a concerning amount of eye contact with me.

"Right. Let's go." she rushed out of the door, causing me to have to catch up to her as she walked significantly faster than me. She is a good six inches taller than me.

"Tate! Wait for me, you walk so fucking fast!" I said, making her turn around and sigh before rolling her eyes and doing something that honestly shocked me.

    Tate glanced at me quickly before grabbing my hand and pulling me along with her. After sprinting up some stairs and taking an elevator ride, we ended up in front of some red door. The door had one of those signs on it that permits nobody, except for certain personnel to enter.

"Tate, what are we doing?" I let go of her hand and looked at her with a concerned expression.

"Shush. There they are." she cracked open the door that led to roof of the hotel building and pointed to two people, a man and a woman. They were holding hands and saying goodbye as if one of them were off to war.