3| Wake Up

LUNA CARTER

LUNA CARTER

"Tate- I'm cold too, you know!" I groaned, yanking the large blanket away from Tate who was peacefully fast asleep.

Ever since Tate and I laid down to go to sleep in our unfortunately shared bed, I've been fighting for comfort. She moves in her sleep, she won't share the blankets and she's kicked me about three times.

I never thought that my last name would be such a problem until today.

"Oh my- Tate-" I complained, yet again while pulling the covers away from her, desperate for warmth.

In seconds I found myself laying flat on the floor while Tate was now in the middle of the bed. Fucking hell.

"Why the hell are you on the floor?" Tate lifted her head from the pillow and peered down at me.

"Hm, I wonder why." I gave her an unimpressed glare causing her to give me a stare of confusion in response.

•••

I woke up, just a few hours after someone quite literally knocked me out of bed.

Mrs.Green told us, last night at dinner to be up and ready by a certain time. I am almost ready while Tate hasn't budged. While putting my shoes on I occasionally glanced at her wondering if I should wake her up or not.

I stood up and walked over to the bed where Tate's long blonde curls were spilled out onto her pillow. Her hair is actually very pretty now that I'm looking at it. Usually, she has it tucked away in a low bun with loose strands left out to frame her face.

"Tate! Get up. Mrs.Green wants us ready in twenty minutes." I slightly shook her which made her groan in annoyance.

"Go away." she groaned again.

"Tate-"

"I'll get up soon, sunshine." she lifted her head from her pillow, looking up at me with a sly smirk with her eyes not fully opened.

"Whatever." I grabbed my bag and left our hotel room as I have some time to look around before I have to meet with with the rest of the class.

As I strolled down the long, carpeted hallway, I pulled my phone from my tote bag and called Blake. There's no school for him today so he's most likely free at the moment.

"Hey Lunes." he answered the FaceTime call with his phone propped on his vanity as he was seemingly getting ready.

"Where are you going? You look good." I asked while jokingly wiggling my eyebrows at him before taking a seat on a chair in the hotel lobby.

"Girl, I have a date, believe it or not."

"Umm...with who? and details please!"

"Well his name is Br-" Blake started to speak but I unfortunately had to cut him off as I saw Mrs.Green along with the rest of the class following her.