Real

10 years have past and I can't get over what happened. Lightening and thunder took me back to my present. No electricity and phone is dead from so much social media. I knew I should have charged it but I didn't. Honestly, this thunderstorm felt like a hurricane and not some storm. The alarm went off again on my car.

"Ugh." I said getting my raincoat. I'll just disconnect it from the inside. I said I would get a different one. This is what happens when you get a cheap kind. If you pulled on the door hard enough it would open. It's crazy I know and it wouldn't even make noises. It was so annoying. It made noises when it didn't need to.

I stood outside my front door and hesitated. I squinted my eyes as I looked a little further from my porch. A guy laying in front of my house in the rain and the street light shining so bright on him. I gasped and rushed to open my gate as I realized it was a guy.

"Are you serious right now?!" I asked God.

I rushed past the gate to squat down to him and my face over his. "Hey! Hey! Wake up! You okay?" I quickly held his cheeks.

His eyes opened and closed. His eyesight kept going out. His mind went blank.

"No no no!! Don't die in front of my house please! Ugh, Jesus." I said to him as I checked his pulse.

"You have to help me ok. Try to get up." I ordered him.

He was so weak and me. I didn't go to the gym when I knew I should've been. Telling my patients to workout but I didn't take my own advice. Kind of made me chuckle and look back at him.

He hissed in pain but I almost slipped. But he pulled me in closer. I had a raincoat but he didn't. He was getting more soaking wet and could barely hold his gaze. I tried not to look at him but it was hard. I was bringing him into my house but I was helping him. God would want this. So, I did and my damn car alarm wouldn't shut up. We made it to the couch but I couldn't help but pout. I took off my raincoat and went to go find a towel in the bathroom. I tried to dry him up but his clothes was just to wet.

I went to go get a robe and bring it to him.

"Please wear this. This is all I have." I softly said.

He opened his eyes slowly and raised his hand but it was shaking.

"I'll make it warmer when the heater comes back on. I'm sorry there's no electricity right now."

He slowly stood up.

"I'm going to turn off my alarm. I'll be right back. The bathroom is right there." I quickly said before rushing out.

"Oh my goodness what am I doing????" I quickly said as I rushed to the car and almost slipped again. "Who goes out in sandals again? Me! Just me!" I responded to myself. I opened up my door and looked for the wiring.

"Shut up you dumb car!" I said frustrated. I finally disconnected the wiring but now I was wet. I closed my car door and hesitated before going in my home. "Is this a dream?" I asked myself. Sadly, lightening touched land and I screamed. I rushed inside and our eyes met. I wiped the rain off my eyes.

"No, it's real." I told myself.