No service

It was evening and my stomach was grumbling.

"Do you want to order some food?" I asked him.

"No." He wrote.

"Ugh... I don't know why I ask you." I said looking for my phone.

He went to the fridge and started to take out some pork and veggies. When I found my phone he got a hold of it. I just looked at him.

"Ohhhhh your cooking? You know how?" I asked amused.

He didn't say anything. So, I didn't order nothing.

"Let me see your phone." I ordered him. He gave it to me and I wrote down my number.

He grabbed the phone and edited it. I furrowed my eyebrows to what he was doing. He edited my name. It went from Doctor Feli to "no."

I just sighed and showed him my screen. I edit mine from Mr. Min to "yes."

Food was ready and we ate. It was good but he still didn't speak.

"Tomorrow, I'm going to work and your coming with me." I informed him.

He didn't say anything so I took it as a yes.

"You can sleep on the couch or go to your place to sleep." I said thinking he would not stay here but I was wrong.

He stood up to go to the couch.

"Are you really a homeless?" I asked.

He began to write on his phone screen.

"Nevermind, I probably know the answer." I sighed as I said and stood up to do the dishes.

He chuckled and I looked back at him. His smile gave me hope. When I finished doing the dishes I looked back at him again and he was already asleep. I got a blanket and put it over him. I grabbed his phone to charge it and saw the screen "goodnight."

I chuckled and smiled as I looked at him. I made my way up to my room and went to bed.

The next morning I could hear the shower running but I thought I was dreaming. I had forgotten about him but he made me never forget him again. He walked out the bathroom and I opened my eyes.

I gasped. "Hey! What are you doing?!" I didn't even know what I was asking.

He smiled and walked out with just a towel around his waist.

"This guy." I said before looking at the time. "Oh crap!" I rushed into the shower and breakfast hit my nose. "This guy knows how to cook." I told myself.

I rushed downstairs and there was my plate across from his.

"Thanks." I said to him.

He just continued to eat and didn't even make eye contact. I couldn't help but feel grateful towards him. I really liked him a lot.

"Come on. I have to go to work. I didn't go yesterday. So, I must have a lot to do." I quickly stated before I got my bag. We left to the hospital and I sat him in the lobby. Every now and then I kept an eye on him but I didn't know why. I mean he wasn't a child but I didn't want him to go for some unknown reason. I kinda felt bad keeping him here.

"Yoongi come in my office please." I said after I finished my morning appointments.

He walked in and examined the office.

"So, how you like it?" I asked nervously and I didn't even know why. Like why was I asking for his opinion it made me chuckle a little.

He gave me a thumbs up and a square smile. I smiled at him and took out my notepad to write.

"Okay we'll start with basic questions." I said before starting.

He just looked down at his hands over his lap as he sat across from me.

"How old are you?"

He got my notepad and wrote "31."

I was surprised he was cooperating but I didn't say anything.

"Do you know how you ended up in front of my house?" I asked as I looked for the bandages in my desk. I stood up and saw him thinking.

I rearranged my words. "Or how did you get hurt?"

He began to write and I went around my desk to put the bandages over his cut.

"There was a lot of wind and things flying. Something cut me and I fell on the ground. I hit my head on the floor and I don't remember anything anymore." He finished writing and I read it.

"Did you speak before this?" I asked.

He smiled and wrote "no."

I chuckled and asked. "You like that word huh?"

He pointed to it again.

I went around my desk to sit and said. "That's not good. How long has it been?"

"10 years." He wrote.

I worried a lot now. I knew it would be hard for him to talk again.

"Do you remember why you stopped talking?" I asked.

He nodded his head.

"Why?" I asked.

He pointed to the word "no."

I sighed and felt like he would do that.
"Mr. Min you need to fix your trauma's if not you won't be able to speak again. Don't you care?"

He pointed again to his favorite word.

"How did you work without speaking? I'm in shock really." I stated. 

He wrote down. "I'm hungry."

I smiled and said. "Okay let's go."

We got in my car and I saw him digging in my stuff. That's when I saw him put on my sunglasses.

"Do you have a hat?" He wrote down on his phone screen.

"Why do you need that? We'll eat inside." I pointed to the place we would eat.

"To crowded and I love hats." He wrote again.

"Have you committed a crime? I mean the officer didn't say anything but maybe he missed it."

He got his phone and wrote something very long. I got anxious but he ended up erasing it.

"Hey! Yes or no question!" I grabbed his wrist to get his attention.

He wrote "no."

"Better!" I yelled.

"Will you report me?"

"YES!" I shouted.

He chuckled and wrote "no."

I rolled my eyes. "Come on. I have to go back soon for my next appointment."

We went inside and it felt like he was just hiding. It actually made me feel uneasy. What was going on? I had to trust him though. Reminded me of the scary coffee shop. Anyways, the officer didn't say nothing. I should be fine, right?

We went back to the hospital and right after my first patient I saw him get up. I thought maybe he went to the restroom but after awhile he didn't come back. I got very worried but I waited until 5 p.m. Which was my last appointment. I grew anxious and thought something happened to him. I called his phone and he answered.

"Hello?" Then I remembered he didn't speak. "Where are you? I'm done with work. Text me." I ordered him but the call got cut off. "No service." It read but then I remembered I was the problem. The hospital never had service. So, I would have to go outside in the parking lot to get a little of service. God, it was annoying. I went out there but he didn't answer again.