ONE - the past and me

NEW ROMANTICS !
ੈ✩‧₊˚𝒂𝒄𝒕 𝒐. i remain in the darkness

  i remain in the darkness

ੈ✩‧₊˚ CHAPTER I. ✧.*
THE PAST AND ME

a burnt child loves the fire ❞
— oscar wilde

THERAPY WAS A FUNNY THING—Well, that's how Lolita Diaz would perceive it anyway. Paying someone to write down your problems and they were supposed to magically fly away. Yeah, right. The thirty-two year old didn't believe in expression of her emotions, she guessed that it came with the job. They were serial-killer fighting federal agents, not The Real Housewives Of Quantico.

Although, Lolita would one hundred per cent watch that.

For the last year the woman had been visiting Laura Jenkins, an old woman around seventy and oddly smelt like crackers—but that was the privilege of getting old, right? Though it wasn't Lolita who chose to go to the obligatory therapy sessions, rather it was Jason Gideon , a man whom took the woman in when she started out at the BAU and he took under his wing.

Gideon was in occasional contact with the BAU's boss, Aaron Hotchner; a cold, hard-headed man with amazing hair, Lolita doesn't fail to compliment her boss each time she sees him. They had came to the agreement to put the woman in therapy until she was seen fit to return to the field, it was all about an exploration of self growth.

So far, the brunette has sat at home eating ice cream and playing Just Dance with her best friend, Jake.

"Lolita?—" A soft voice implored, restoring the woman back to consciousness, "What did we say about daydreaming?"

Lolita sighed cursing Gideon in her head for ever making her go to these stupid sessions, "Not to do it as it allows negative thoughts to flow freely." She droned as Laura repeated what she said simultaneously.

"Ah, there we go!" Laura clapped her hands enthusiastically, "Were you thinking of them again?" By 'them' she meant Lolita's older siblings whom she hadn't contacted since she left Nashville fourteen years ago. That was sort of a lie. Lolita still occasionally messaged her older brother, Alejandro or Alex.

"No but Alex told me he got the job. Y'know the mechanic...?" Though she didn't say it, Lolita was immensely proud of her brother, for what the three siblings had been put through in their childhood they were getting on okay.

"Well done him!" The therapist enthusiastically cheered, clapping her hands again that intensified Lolita's headache as she rubbed her head in annoyance. Sure, Laura was a nice woman and didn't have any problems of her own, being annoying would be her first, "I'm guessing that means you aren't in contact with Clara?"