TWO - it suits you

NEW ROMANTICS !
ੈ✩‧₊˚𝒂𝒄𝒕 𝒐. i remain in the darkness

  i remain in the darkness

ੈ✩‧₊˚ CHAPTER II. ✧.*
IT SUITS YOU

to be free is often to be lonely ❞
— w.h auden

DO YOU EVER FEEL LIKE NOT WAKING UP? Surprisingly that isn't how Lolita felt when being rudely awakened by Jake's alarm clock at five in the morning—footsteps sounded through the cosy apartment that still smelt of pizza from the night before, and she smiled lightly to herself. This is what normal feels like.

After getting out of the shower and putting on her suit—Lolita looked at herself in the mirror and brushed her hair down where it fell just past her shoulders, for once in a long time, the woman felt confident in the person staring back.

"Pancakes!" Jake shouted, scaring the small woman out of her daze and she hurriedly ran to the kitchen to see her best friend in boxers and a shirt.

"What is the issue with you and pants?" Lolita looked him up and down with a judgemental look, then smiling at Jake who flexed to her dismay. Men. The word itself left a bitter taste in her mouth, "You may not know how to wear pants, but you do make nice pancakes."

"How do you feel going back?"

"I—I think I'm cool with it, like things are starting to become normal again." This made Jake smile warmly at Lolita, he noticed the wrinkles on her forehead flushed away and breathing balance out, she was content. And if she was happy, then so was he, "Why are you smiling like that, creep?"

And just like that, Jake was back to annoying her.

"I'm just excited for you to finally leave," this earned him a glare and one of his pancakes to be stolen off of his plate, "Speaking of, when are the dream couple getting here?"

Penelope Garcia and Derek Morgan were not together. But Lolita always wished that the two of them were, despite Morgan's many red flags such as being an infamous womaniser, he was actually surprisingly sweet and charming. The two always pushed that they were strictly friends, the woman felt sick at the thought of ever being that close with Jake.

"Now."

Then honking from a car sounded and the two friends grinned at each other knowing it was Derek being his...Derek-self. Lolita grabbed her bag and checked herself in the mirror one last time, "Wait!" Jake sidled up next to her and handed over a paper bag, the woman peeked inside and there was a donut.