SIX - ghosts

!
ੈ✩‧₊˚𝒂𝒄𝒕 𝒐. i remain in the darkness

  i remain in the darkness

ੈ✩‧₊˚ CHAPTER VI. ✧.*
GHOSTS

i have found an endless comfort in hiding ❞
— sarah jean alexander

  THE MORNING STARTED OFF WITH A PSYCH EVALUATION in Gideon's office, the duo knew each other for four years. Lolita was clueless coming to the BAU and the older man stepped up as a mentor for her—teaching her interrogation techniques to how body language expressed emotions.

Lolita pouted as she heard the team cackling outside of the room, cursing at the fact Gideon and Hotch forced her to take the evals twice a week.

"How are you feeling?"

The woman slammed into the back of the chair crossing her arms over her chest in annoyance, "Annoyed that an old man is forcing me to talk about my emotions."

"Old?" Gideon laughed, clutching at his chest in hurt which the younger woman smiled briefly then looked down at the sheet—she had ticked boxes and highlighted specific words. Lolita never quite understood how the ink on the paper could define how she felt, "Fine—go."

The woman bolted towards the door swiftly, before Gideon could blink, "Wait, promise me at least you'll speak to Clara, she called me the other day."

Like the older man anticipated, he was ignored and the final thing he heard was the slam of his office door.

The team were called to the conference room, supposedly it was important as Gideon had somehow got there before Lolita who looked between his office and where he sat at the head of the table, he smirked at the girl whose jaw dropped.

JJ began the case, "1996 the rib cage of a male was found in the Desert Rose National Park, it was never identified. This morning the remains of two victims were found in almost exactly the same area."

Emily spun in her chair, "One year later is cause for concern, but ten years?" The question lingered amongst the team who looked between eachother in concern, "Isn't it a bit of a coincidence?"

"So they think it's the same guy? With such a big time jump, it could be familial."

"It would be but, if the unidentified male wasn't missing a right rib bone, and the torso found this morning was missing the exact same bone." Hotch and Spencer finished each other's sentences, leaving the team to ponder further.

"They found a bracelet on Katherine Hale's wrist. She ran away about two weeks ago from her small Colardo town."

Before the team could speak further, Gideon appeared with a box in his hand—looking at Lolita knowingly the pair ( mostly Gideon ) talked about the case from ten years ago, the woman knew how the case affected the man she grew to call her father.