|02|

Grace Rivera

I have a love/ hate relationship with chearleading. I love the outfits and the routins. I hate when the head cheerleader is extra mean, or when you do the steps, yet your partner doesn't bother, and you are set tumbling to the ground.

The latter is the reason I am sitting on the hospital bed in the er with an overprotective mother.

"Mami, I am fine, just a little sore, that is all." I try and convince her,

"If you are fine, why were you limping?" She asks me in a tone I know means "shut it, or you will be sorry."

"Fine but Mami, I am really fine," I say, taking a moment to look at her she is holding her stomach, which usually means she wanna be held.

"Mami, can you hold me?" I ask. Her eyes soften, and she sits next to me and proceeds to hold me.

I wish sometimes I had a dad. Don't get me wrong, my mom is everything and more I could want in a parent it just that it is hard to help mom with everything. To reassure her and hold her when she needs it, but sometimes I wish we had some help.

"Okay, Miss Rivera, everything looks good. Just don't put too much pressure on it for the next 48 hours, okay? " The nice doctor says.

"Thank you very much, Doctor," Mami says, standing up to shake his hand.

"I was wondering if you would want to go out sometime," the doctor says, but my mom is quick to shoot him down. I  a nice way.

I have always been like this. Somebody asked my mom, and she says no. She must have really loved my dad.

We are on our way home when Mami stops at McDonald's. We place our order, and we are on our way home while eating our food.

When we get to our apartment the everything looks fine, but something feels off. I quickly throw our rubbish away at the nearest trash can, and we make our way into our home.

"Mija, remember what the doctor says, no pressure on your foot?" Mami calls out from the kitchen. I yell, okay, and move to sit down, but the view has me stopping.

Sitting in our home is 4 well-dressed men scattered around our apartment. Before one of them can talk, I scream at the top of my lungs and turn to run, but one of their bodyguards catch me.

"Grace what's wrong? Are you okay?" Mami comes running into the living room but freezes  when she sees who it is.

"Hello Camilla," one of them says.

"What are you doing here, Rowan? I thought I told you I don't want you near me again." Mami says, looking shocked. Her eyes fell on me.

"Please let my daughter go," Mami says, looking Rowan in the eyes.

"You mean our daughter but fine let her go," he says with a thick accent. The bodyguard lets me go.

I quickly ran to my mother and hid in her embrace. She wraps her arm around.

"What are you doing here, Rowan?" Mami asked more, forced this time.

"I wanted to meet our daughter that you hid from me for 17 years, Camilla," he says.

"You lost the privilege to call her your daughter when you left me for her," Mami says camly and starts petting my hair.

"Camilla, you and your daughter lives she indanger. Some very bad men are trying to kill you because of us, " a different voice says this time.

"You know I wouldn't come near you," Rowan says in a pained voice

"Give us an hour to pack," Mami says, still stroking my hair.

They don't answer, but Mami still drags me out of the room and pulls me to the bathroom.

"We don't have much time pack fast and only necessity," Mamj said before disappearing into the bathroom.

For the next ten minutes, that is what I do, only packing necessities.

"Grace are you done?" Mami asked from the bedroom.

"Yip, what else can I do?" I ask, taking the bathroom bag with me.

"Take your suitcase," She says before taking the bathroom bag and walking into the living room.

Everybody has left except Rowan. He is on the phone but when he sees us he motions for the bodyguard to take the suitcases.

I thank him before looking at Rowan, who is ending his phone call.

"You're ready solnechnyy svet," he asked my mom.

She just nods and takes my hand and begins walking towards the door. And we left the house we called home for the past 18 years.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

How do you guys like the second chapter???