|03|

●Grace Riviera●

We are currently driving away from the city and towards the forest.

This awkward silence is killing me, so I started a conversation with dad.

"So what is your name?" I ask. He looks up and from his phone.

"Rowan Milos Ivanov. You can Rowan. I will never expect you to call me dad, " He says, putting away his phone

"Any more questions?" he asked with a raised eyebrow. The thing is, he didn't look irritated, just happy to answer anything and everything.

"So I can ask you anything," I ask to make sure. Mama looks at us with a smile before looking out the window again.

"Yes."

"Where are we going?"

"To my home that is located on the outskirts of the forest"

"How old are you?"

"41"

"Favorite color?"

"Light brown"

"Why?"

"It reminds me of your mother, and that is why my hole house has brown in. I was contemp with everything black, but I wanted to hold onto your mother's memory when she could not be there in person."

I turn to look at her, and she is staring out of the window. Mr Ivanov is looking at her with longing in his eyes. Before he got the chance to talk, the gaurds said something in what I think is russian, he replies but never takes his eyes of mom.

"Girls, we are here." He opens the door and takes my hand and helps me out of the car before taking mom's hand. The problem is that he never lets go of her hand, and she looks kinda happy about it.

"This is a state of the art security system. I will print your fingerprints into it. My assistant will help you with anything you may need, but we will discuss it later over dinner. Here is your room ангел" he says, leading us up the stairs.

"What does that word mean, sir?" I ask, trying not to put too much weight on my injured leg.

"Never call sir or Mr Ivanov. That means I am above you, and we all in this house are equal. But the answer to your question is that it means angel, " he says, not looking back once. I nodded my head and decided to look over my room.

"It's very plain,"

"Grace manners," Mami yells at me with a horrified look on her face

"It is fine. Darling, you will get to decorate the whole room as you seem fit. we can start preparations today and have you live in the guest room while they fix your room, " he says, looking at the room before calling his assistant.

She walks gracefully into the room. I see Mami sifting away from Rowan when Maria, the assistant, gets closer to him.

"Yes, sir." She speaks with a heavy Russian accent.

"Please have Taylor or one of the other gaurds move Miss Ivanov belongings to the guest room closets to Elena room" he says she nods along and type something on her tablet while walking out of the room but not before casting a disapproving looks in me and mom direction.

What's her problem.

"All of our rooms are on the west wing. While our offices are on the east side, " he says, but mom stopped him before he can continue.

"Our offices?" She asked, confused.

"Well, the school we will be sending Grace is very hard to get into, and she will have to study at least an hour a day to get good grades, so I set up an office for her. It is in between ours. Is it okay? " he asked, thinking maybe he overstepped.

"No, it is fine, thank you. You didn't have to go threw this much trouble, " Mami says, smiling softly.

"This is hardly everything I want to give you two," he says, showing us our offices 

Everything in this house is dark and gloomy. No wonder he looks like Wednesday. If i had to sit in a place that looks like it is allegric to coulor, i would look just like rowan. But maybe he says we can add some coulor to his house and maybe his life to.

"Rowan, when are we eating?" Mami ask. It is like she is reading my mind. He frowns and looks at us.

"i was unawer. You were hungry. i will be honest. The thought of ether of you hungry is very unsettling. But it is very late. i will call Maria to let the chefs know we ar eready to eat, " he says, pulling his phone out of his pants pocket.

"Rowan, i can't eat nuts i am deadly allegric," i say, not wanting to die of an allegric reaction. He looks up with a look of suprise, and then he miles slightly.

"Dont worery darling, i am also allergic. There is nothing penut related in this house." he says, walking out of the room. Me and Mami follow him out of the room and into the spaciose dinnig room. 

Rowan sits on the head of the table. Mmai sits on his right while i sit on his left side. we didn't have to wait for the food. i am not joking, but literly servants walked out of the kitchen. 

they placed the food in front of us and walked out.

"Grace, as i have mentioned before that the school you will be attending is the most pestige school in the whole country your cousins are also attending, so you won't be too alone there. But you will have to work really hard to maintain decent grades. There is aoslo lot of extra curricals. is there anything particaly your good at?" he asks, taking a sip of what looks like apple juice  but i know it is not.

"Cheerleading and Netbal," i say, taking a bite of  my food. i almost moan at the taste of the food it is freaking good. 

"i will organise it for you," he says, giving me a slight smile. The rest of dinner is spent in silence

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Vote and comment