Chapter 3

During the first few days here it was mostly training as we waited for our first match in the round robin style format Ego had told us about. We would be going up against Team Y and I had unwavering confidence, the only two to even worry about were Okawa and Nikko and I was on a much higher level than both of them at this point so there was no worry while I trained along side everyone else.

During the time training my rank went up to 222, I knew the rankings weren't completely true since I was definitely better than a lot of the people in this facility but it wasn't any real concern. I have become decent friends with the three that held any value in this team during the waiting time, Nagi was incredibly lazy, I had never seen him train once but that would be fine, though some of the others did get annoyed that they had a slacker on their team it only took a few words from Reo to make them shut up.

After decent training and a good day of rest it was finally time for Team V's first match.

***

**

*

**

***

In the locker room before the match, it was a bit hectic as the others all tried gunning for the spot of striker, thanks to Ego's explanation they knew that if the team lost only the top scorer would pass on but I had quickly taken the spot of striker from them with a few words and a glare, anime logic is the only explanation I have as to how a glare shut them up.

I noted the important people's positions, Reo would play CM, Zantetsu would play RW and Nagi would play as the second FW, everyone else was just there to me and there was no reason to remember where they were, with just us four we would be carrying the team.

Looking at my jersey number, I had taken #7 and stepped out into the field with the rest following close behind, I immediately locked onto Nikko, knowing that this is their first game then they realistically haven't come together yet but if they have then their most likely option may be either counterattacking like they did against Team Z or they would try rushing us all at once.

Getting into position, I looked at Reo next to me and spoke. "Hey... I'll let your treasure shine but only after 5."

"You're real greedy you know that?" He replied, he was probably the one I got along with the most out of the four and he knew exactly what I meant, especially since I had told him during out training.

"Yeah, I just want to crush these guys first, and get my phone back, I know your treasure really want's his back as well."

"Alright, just make them quick, Nagi will be the best when we're through." With his words, the siren sounded as he pass the ball to me.

"Yeah, it'll be real quick." With a dash I moved just far enough to make the first person on the Team Y move, I had no use remember their names and I was going to end this real quick.

<Third Person>

As Team Y's forward came to steal the ball from Katsu, the ball soared through the air, taking the forward by surprise as he had no time to react. 'How...?'

The ball had the velocity of a firearm as the ball hit the bottom left corner of the net, the GK having no time to even move as the big monitor showed the score.

Score: 1-0

Team V celebrated a bit as Katsu looked at the forward's surprised face, he thought nothing of it before going right back to his position, in just the first few seconds Team V's forward had launched a monstrous kick with another move in mind.