Chapter 4

<Isagi>

Team Z was not in high spirits right now.

Their first match was against Team X and their #10 absolutely dominated the field, ending the match with a score of 5-1, he didn't know what made him pass to Kunigami but he was the reason his team was able to even score 1 goal, but as a striker it disappointed him to no end to falter in front of the goal like that.

He was pushing himself even more then before in hopes of being able to show his worth as a striker during their next match but compared to the others he felt inferior.

He didn't have the skills to dribble like Bachira, he wasn't as muscular as Kunigami, he couldn't jump as high as Kuon, he felt utterly inferior compared to the rest, the best he could consider being a skill was his ability to 'smell a goal' whatever that even meant to him.

"Isagi! We're gonna watch another team match." Hearing Kuon's words, Isagi stopped his training, drinking from his bottle before meeting everyone else in their room.

Kuon explained that they should watch the matches to get as much knowledge as they could on their future opponents and the first one they'd start with would be Team V.

"Holy crap..." He couldn't help but say, on the screen when Kuon changed it to the replays it also showed the score and it frightened him.

Team V - Team Y

Score: 9-0

'How are we supposed to win against monsters like them?' Isagi thought. Team Z had started watching the match and had seen Team V's #7 scoring from the very beginning of the match, his shot was so fast they had to slow it down multiple times to actually see it, based on his shots his dominant foot was his right but knowing that didn't do much when he was able to pass 3 players and score so fast that the GK couldn't even keep up. He scored 5 goals and then switched with #11 who alongside #9 scored another 4 goals, only those three players really moved on Team V's side.

Isagi looked at his teammates, while most looked concerned or worried, Bachira had a sparkle in his eyes and a big grin on his face that he called out on.

"Bachira how can you smile seeing those guys? We'll have to face those monsters!"

"That's exactly why I'm smiling."

"Huh?" Isagi was confused, everyone else also having confused or frustrated expressions at Bachira's words.

"Facing against monsters like them, doesn't it just make your heart race? If we want to win against them we'll have to evolve our skills right? That's what's fun about soccer." His words held a great conviction as his words rang through everyone's minds, yeah those guys on Team V were monsters, but they just had to get better, that's why they came to Blue Lock in the first place. Maybe they were better than them now but they would catch up, they had to if they wanted to keep their careers alive. With those thoughts in everyone's minds they all rushed out the room, eager to train and evolve their own individual skills. They hoped they would evolve by the time they have to face those monsters.

***

<Katsu>

Yawn.

As I ate a nice steak I looked to the side and saw Reo feeding Nagi while Zantetsu tried sounding smart yet ultimately failing by mixing up his words. With my 5 goals I was able to get back my phone and get the steak while keeping one point for later, right now there wasn't much to do as I just finished my steak and instead opted to watch soccer matches on Youtube.

I always used to watch a lot of matches so I could train my skills in thought of a pro player and the most recent one I had watched was Mr. 300 Million himself, Michael Kaiser. I always enjoyed seeing his plays as he embodied what I considered my best shot, Railgun.

Again, Kaiser's Impact was better, but I knew I could get better as well. Thanks to the internet, breakdowns were all over the place on pro players and I used those to figure out how I could get a better shot than Kaiser and it was what I did to gain my physique.

If I had to compare my physique then it would be a combination of Michael Kaiser, Itoshi Rin, and Shidou Ryusei. I wasn't packed with muscle like Kunigami or Tokimitsu as I was much more leaner yet the muscle was compact into what was needed.

"Hey Katsu, what do you think of our next match?" Zantetsu suddenly sat next to me and asked.

"There's not much to think about, I know you saw the replay, those two annoying brothers are the best players and we both now how far they are compared to us." My words were arrogant but they were true, which left Zantetsu to push his glasses before agreeing with my words.

With that short conversation over I went over to the training field, scoring impossible looking shots while I practiced to make sure I had all my options possible, I trained these shots based on pro players and the better players in Blue Lock. I was back into my regime of training and rest until our next game.

*TIME SKIP*

As our time walked onto the field I locked eyes with one of the brothers, I honestly hated #9's ever constant smile as I had gotten into position, allowing Reo to make Nagi shine this match as I would play more defensive.

'Guess I can practice a few other things this match instead'

Kick Off