𝐅𝐢𝐠𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐈𝐭 𝐎𝐮𝐭 𝟖

Jai'Lynn sat in the courtroom next to Aniyah in the second row behind Na'Jours main family, Mikey, Na'Jour's cousins, Riah, Jayden, and Skylar who was his sister

Jai'Lynn sat in the courtroom next to Aniyah in the second row behind Na'Jours main family, Mikey, Na'Jour's cousins, Riah, Jayden, and Skylar who was his sister. Skylar looked down picking at her nails out of nervousness Na'Jour was like a father figure to her and they were inseparable as kids. He had been to jail once and she didn't like not being able to talk to him whenever she wanted, and now she has a little girl who is obsessed with her 'Uncle Na'

Jai'Lynn didn't want to be here but Na'Jour wanted to see her so he asked her to come she obviously didn't say no

She looked up from her white toes that she had gotten done to after having a mental health day. She looked up from the floor seeing Na'Jour walkin in with his hands cuffed in front of him and chains on his ankles

He looked around before his eyes landed on Jai'Lynn when they made eye contact he smirked at her before looking at his sister and blowing a kiss then sitting next to his lawyer/hb

"All rise" the bailiff said as everyone stood up

The judge walked in sitting at her little area

(a/n: BARE WIT ME YALL)

She hit her gavel on the lil wood and everyone sat down

The judge cleared her throat before speaking "We are here for the case of Na'Jour Valentine who is being charged with, assault with deadly weapon in self defense, and also being charged with possession of a unlicensed firearm"

The judge looked up at Na'Jour checking his body language, he sat up straight looking at the Judge in her eyes

"Na'Jour Valentine you have the right to remain silent and make no statement at any point in the proceeding. Any statement made may be used against you, your counsel Dr.Witticker will speak for you"

Dr.Witticker was around 27 years old he had clean waves some tattoos on his arm, he's Na'Jour's homeboy, they grew up around each other and now he's his lawyer

The judge started to speak again "We will be starting the open statement" the judge said flipping through papers on her desk "the defendant was at the scene of a shootout on 21st Brook Ave. and was known to be one of the 3 shooting, the firearm that was used by the defendant was later to be ran through the system and came up unlicensed, Dr.Witticker do you have anything to say about this..."

Dr.Witticker stood up "yes your honor" he cleared his throat before speaking again "my client was in the neighborhood that afternoon visiting and old friend, they stood on the end of 21st Brook Ave. where a black SUV could be seen riding down the street once as seen on the neighbors camera which caught everything, the car then came around again and started to shoot at my client and a few others, in self defense my client grabbed the firearm from one of the other men firing back at the SUV, the gun does not belong to my client but to another that was also invoked in the shooting but my client seems to be the only one in jail...after that I assume the cops where called and later arrived at the scene where my client was sitting on his car with one of the other men...when he was then arrested and took into police custody without a reason why, which is also something I want to get into later"