where Green meets Blue

"What do you mean, you felt the world changing?" Cas asked and in utter confusion, immediately assuming the absolute worst. He mustered Sam firmly, who grabbed the wheel tightly with eyes narrowing the streets.

"I mentioned that it was a total mess before Death showed up. Demons came crawling out of hell, monsters torturing humans who weren't able to die and so on. Well, when Death fixed all that, he told us, that he talked to Jack and that he suggested to resurrect you from the Empty..." Sam gave Castiel a few moments to settle in to this thought and continued when he felt the tension stripping off of him.

"So we waited if Jack would bring you back, but while doing so the world, the people ... they were different. Better." Sam finally smiled at Cas direction and Cas shifted in his seat to make him feel more comfortable.

"There was less bad happening. In every way. It started within humanity, I assume because they felt their freedom, the control over their own life. Dean and I guessed that Chuck only wrote our story from the beginning, but I suppose in order to do that, he had to give everyone some kind of specific parts to play to maintain us being the main characters in his story.

There was just more kindness everywhere. Wars stopped suddenly and murder rates decreased. Even thefts and street violence. It was like the world started to breathe for the first time ever. The pressure just stopped.

Especially in religious circles was the biggest shift imaginable. People still prayed to Jack, and they still went to churches to pray together, but there was no such as sinners anymore, well at least for stuff that made us human, or punishment for not following the cryptic rules of the bible. Funny thing about that as well: Jack just changed every single bible existing some day into an actual translation, not some former interpretative one. You know the whole thing about 'a man is not allowed to lay with a man' actually saying 'a man is not allowed to lay with a boy' literally referring to pedophilia. Stuff like that. It was pure magic.

Then hell changed. Rowena told us about it, because she met up with Jack multiple times apparently to talk about the changes. They wanted to stop corrupting the souls, that were sent to hell, to become demons and just leave them be in their prison cells. Hell was supposed to work like an actual prison now generally, with a program to see if they were able for social integration again. A chance to not be demonic anymore. Probably for souls like Meg, you know, your unicorn or whatever. Demons weren't able to leave hell anymore, it got sealed for good. The only communication to hell is now through summoning the specific soul you want to talk to from our side of the line.

I think heaven changed as well, but I can't know for sure. I just assume it did because ghosts became pretty rare, what means that souls were more likely to follow their reapers. But I can't know for sure."

Sams speech had Castiel in a chokehold. He was too stunned by all the astonishing changes Jack did, so well thought and for the greater good. Jack thought about every soul and believed in second chances for everyone, freedom and equality, erasing Chucks numerous mistakes and interventions in the natural course. Cas couldn't help but feel incredibly proud of his son, it spread from his heart through his whole body causing a big bright teeth-showing smile across his face. He felt his eyes water a bit, but from pure joy. "That's ... amazing," is all Cas managed to articulate. There weren't words for this feeling inside of him anyway, so he just closed his eyes and prayed to Jack with no real words, just trying to send him a wave of this feeling in his heart.

"Yeah, I know. He did great. I couldn't be prouder of him," Sam said with a smile and fixated the road again, after trying to read Cas' face for a bit. He decided that Castiel was relieved and that's all that mattered. It was probably easier missing your son, when you know that he was doing a great job and that he didn't break under this burden of having the responsibility of the universe on his shoulders. For Sam it got easier missing Jack because of knowing that.