roommates

The next days went over in a blip.

Dean and Castiel ate breakfast, went to work, walked Miracle, one night they went to a bar together -they didn't get drunk though, because Cas was already tipsy after he ordered a pink cocktail for himself and Dean had to help him get home- and spend their evenings catching up on legends of movies. They already watched Toy Story, Pulp Fiction and Jumanji. Dean wanted to save stuff like Harry Potter for weekends so they could do a whole marathon.

This weekend they decided to visit Sam and Eileen in the bunker, so that would have to wait.

Miracle jumped into the back seat and decided to nap, again.

Cas stared through the window and leaned his head on his angled arm. Dean played a mixtape he decided to create for Cas, so he could experience iconic songs for the first time as well.

Dean knew he always pretended to only listen to rock and roll, but everyone knew that was a lie. He liked all kinds of music and loved to sing to them.

And for Cas' sake he had a legitimate excuse to drop the act of hating on Celine Dion or Taylor Swift.

These songs that he picked were extremely addictive and the urge to sing the lyrics out loud was nerve-wrecking. Dean always sang in the car when he was alone, sometimes with Sammy, but he never did with Cas.

He didn't want to give in at first, because singing was embarrassing to him, but now that he knew Cas was in love him, it sure wouldn't rattle on anything between their friendship if Dean would put himself out there like this. But because he was a dork, he made his performance into a whole show, just to

Make Cas laugh

Hide his insecurity.

"At first I was afraid," Dean began to sing, pretending his fist to be a microphone. Cas jerked his head to the side, staring at Dean without a clue what was going on.

"I was petrified..." he turned to Cas, still ecstatically singing in his fist. Cas looked perplexed.

"Kept thinking I could never live without you by my side...

...but then I spent so many nights..." dramatically threw his head back -reminder that he was still driving-

"... thinking how you did me wrong!" Dean again turned to Cas and from utter shock he finally started laughing with full on teeth showing, coming straight from his stomach.

"And I grew strong!" Dean showed his arm muscles off and put on his blue steel face.

Cas was still laughing, his eyes hysterical from absolute joy and confusion.

"And I learned how to get along..." Dean sang while facing the street again for a second.

"And so you're back!" Face straight at Cas', who just stared at him wondering if he got possessed but loving every second of it.

"From outer space..." Dean did a whole shimmy to that line and suddenly had to laugh about it as well. His heart growing in his chest by Cas' laugh.

The whole ride went like this. Cas couldn't remember a single day where he felt as careless as right now. He wished he'd be able to join Dean in his singing, but even though he somehow knew the songs because of Metatron, he also didn't.

There was also the problem that he has never sang in his life, ever.

"You aaaareee..." Dean turned to Cas, pointing a finger at him.

"...my fiiiiiireee..." Dean went along and dramatically scrunched his eyes, a fist held up to the ceiling that he drew closer to his chest as the lyrics went on.