Chapter 6: Princess Training

It's the day after the princes' and princesses arrived. Today I am to start my princess training. I woke up early and got ready for the day. The ball dedicated for my return is in one month. I have to learn most of the proper etiquette by then.

I wasn't told where to go for the lessons, but since there are books on different subjects in my room I'm guessing it's here. A few minutes later there was a knock on the door. "Come in." Luis entered with a middle aged woman. "Good morning Princess Ayana. This is Miss Amanda Reeves. She will be teach you dance, manners, and piano. I will be teaching you tennis, horse riding, politics, and history. You were very well educated and you know the basics already. In addition to that, you learn things very quickly, so this will be quick and easy for everyone."

Miss Reeves spoke up, "Good Morning Princess Ayana. I am Miss Reeves. I have heard many good things about you. I heard from his majesty that you already have the basics down. So like Luis said this will be quick, but in my case this won't be as easy as you think." Luis spoke up again and said, "Now Princess Ayana, this is your schedule for the next month. You have lessons every day until the ball. After Miss Reeves' lessons this morning, in the afternoon you will have me for horse riding lessons." I looked at my schedule for the next month. Oh my... I have to start the day by exercising in the morning and before breakfast until the ball? Hopefully I won't die before the ball.

Miss Reeves spoke up once more. "Princess, I know you haven't eaten breakfast yet so let's go to the dining room. This will give me an idea where your table manners stand." She opened the door and I followed her out. Luis left and went the other direction. Once we entered the dining room, I sat down in my chair and the head chef brought me my breakfast. It was strange how Miss Reeves was looking at me so attentively, but I tried my best to ignore her.

When I was finished with my meal, Miss Reeves spoke up. "His majesty was correct when he said you have that your table manners are perfect. So we really don't need to work on that. All you really need now is how to act at a party and meetings. Now come with me." I stood up and followed her. Good I didn't mess up. Miss Reeves took me to the music room and pointed to a seat next to her. I sat down. "Princess, have you ever played an instrument before?" I replied, "Yes I have. In the orphanage where I grew up there was a piano, but I didn't have a teacher so I taught myself. Although since I didn't have a teacher, I found a new passion which was cooking." She nodded and asked me, "Do you know the basics?" "Yes I do and I also taught myself to read sheet music." I then pointed to each key and what note it was. She seemed impressed and started teaching me a piece. "Princess, I know you are a quick learner so I expect you to learn this in a few days. Now try to play the piece I just played. It's an intermediate piece so I don't expect you to get it perfect the first time."

I turned to face the piano and started playing the piece. Of course I didn't get perfect the first few tries, but I gradually got better. Soon enough I got the first half perfect. I was practicing so much I didn't even realize it was time for lunch and it was time for Miss Reeves to leave. "You did a good job today, Princess. You already have your table manners down. If you continue at a pace like this for everything else, you will be ready for the ball." I smiled at her. "I'm happy to hear that. I'll see you tomorrow Miss Reeves." Then she left. I started walking to the dining room, when I encountered Aaron in the corridor.

"Hello Ayana." "Hello Aaron. Are you heading to the dining room?" He nodded his head. "Do you mind if I join you?" "Not at all," he replied. We entered the dining room and sat down." Luis brought out our lunch and said to me, "Ayana once you are finished, go to your room and change into the clothes the maids set out for you. Then meet me in the courtyard for your training." "Yes Luis." Then he left. Aaron spoke up, "Are going to learn how to horse ride and play tennis this afternoon?" I checked my schedule. "Yes, I guess so." "How was training with Miss Reeves? They told me to clear my schedule for tomorrow. They want me to help you learn how to dance." I replied, "Oh. They didn't have to that. I know that you're busy." I heard him laugh softly. "No it's alright. I'm glad I get to help my little sister." I smiled. "Hopefully I won't step on your foot..." He laughed at that last comment. We ate in silence after that.