Chapter 8: Truly the Princess

It's been a few days since my coronation and the ball to commemorate my return. I was eating breakfast in the dining room with Kate when the doors opened. "Princess Ayana, Prince Jayden is here to see you." As soon as Luis walked in I saw Jayden and Daniel behind him. Jayden spoke up, "Good morning Ayana, Kate! How are you today?" Kate and I replied, "Good morning Jayden!" I then said, "What brings you here today? Have you eaten yet?" Jayden replied, "Yes I have, but thank you for asking." He sat down in front of me.

Then Luis said, "Princess Ayana, once you are finished return to your room for your lessons with me." "Of course, Luis." I turned to face Jayden. "So Jayden what brings you here? Is Jade with you?" Then he look at me with a worried face. "No Jade isn't here; she had something to do. I came here today because I was worried about you." I gave him a confused look. "Worried? Why are you worried about me?" He sighed. "It seems you haven't seen it yet. Daniel?"

Daniel walked up to Jayden and handed him a magazine. Jayden gave me the magazine and saw that the front of the cover had me waving to the crowd after my coronation. In bold letters it said, 'Princess Ayana officially crowned Princess of Clari! Amazing speech at her coronation, but can she fulfill her promises? See more on page 53' I turned to page 53 and saw the article about me. They wrote about how I was raised a commoner and don't believe I can be a princess they can be proud of. I sighed and it seems that Kate read the headline because she yells, "How can they talk about you like that Ayana? You're the perfect princess! They don't know anything about you, so how can they talk about you like that?" I looked at Kate and smiled at her, trying to reassure her and calm her down. "Kate there's no need to yell, but it's true. It may take some time to become a princess they can be proud of, but I know it will happen. Since I was a chef before I became a princess, I received a lot of criticism. I've learned something from receiving criticism. 'Criticism shouldn't hurt when you don't know the person personally; however, it hurts the most when the person is close to you.' That's how I feel about this. It doesn't hurt as much because the person who wrote this doesn't know me personally. They almost know nothing about me. This is their opinion. I have to respect that."

As I finish everyone looked at me with awe. Kate spoke up, "Ayana, if I was the one they were talking about I would be crying right now. You're so strong! I wish I was like you!" "Kate you are strong you just haven't realized it yet. Thank you for worrying about me," I replied. I looked at Jayden. "Thank you Jayden for worrying about me, but honestly I'm fine." Luis spoke up, "Princess Ayana, you truly have the heart of a princess. No other girl would have reacted like that." Everyone nodded including Jayden. Then a familiar voice said, "Princess Ayana, you truly are indeed the princess. A true princess would say those things and would react like that." I looked towards the voice and saw Miss Reeves. I asked her, "Miss Reeves! What brings you here?" "I came to get Princess Kimberly Kate for her Princess Training. Are you ready princess?" Kate replied, "Yes Miss Reeves." Then she and Miss Reeves left. I guess she also teaches Kate, but I wonder who taught her when Miss Reeves taught me. Maybe Luis was teaching her.

Luis then spoke up, "Princess Ayana are you ready for your training as well?" I turned to face him. "Yes Luis, I'm ready." Then I turned to face Jayden. "Thank you Jayden for worrying about me. I'm sorry that you came here for nothing." He replied, "No, I'm glad you're alright. Also I have nothing else scheduled for today. If it's not too much to ask, I would like to join you for your princess training." Daniel spoke up, "My apologizes Princess Ayana. I know asking you that is inconsiderate of Prince Jayden. I'm sure that he will just distract you." Jayden said to Daniel, "Daniel there's no reason to say that about me." He frowned jokingly. I smile and replied, "Oh it's alright I would love to have him join me. I might even learn something new because of Jayden. Is that alright Luis?" Luis replied, "Of course Princess Ayana. It is true that you might learn something from Prince Jayden. Now let's go to your room Princess." Jayden spoke up, "Daniel I'll be fine for today." Daniel turned to face me. "Princess Ayana if he causes any trouble for you, call for me. I will respect Prince Jayden's wish by staying away, but I will be close by." "Yes Daniel, I will call for you if Jayden misbehaves." Jayden pouted at that remark and Luis, Jayden, and I went to my room.