Chapter 15: Visiting Montegi

It was a breezy night in the month of March. It's been one month since James visited me and since his visit I can't get my mind off of him. I love James. I still can't believe it. Since then I keep wondering when he will visit me again. I had just finished dinner and entered my room when I heard someone call my name. I turned around and saw Diane there. "Ayana, may I speak with you?" I nodded. "Of course. Come in." She walked in my room and said, "Ayana, tonight Aaron and I will be visiting my brother in Montegi. We'll be staying there for a couple of days. I know you haven't been there in a while and might want to visit the orphanage. Don't worry, I've already discusses it with Luis. He's altered your schedule just in case you decided to join us." I was overjoyed from the news I heard. "Are sure that's alright with you Diane?" She nodded. "Of course I know how much you miss the orphanage and since we're going, why not tag along with us?" "Thank you Diane for thinking about me. I'm going to start packing right away!" She smiled brightly at me. "Of course. Anyway we'll be leaving in about forty minutes so be ready by then." I nodded and she left the room. I'm finally going back to Montegi! I haven't seen Miss Mary and the orphans in a long time. I can't wait to see them.

I should call Miss Mary and tell her that I'll be visiting them. I picked up my phone and dialed Miss Mary's number. Immediately after the first two rings she picked up. "Hello? Ayana, how are you?" I responded, "Hi Miss Mary. I'm good. Actually I called because I'll be visiting Montegi and I'll be staying there for a few days. So I was wondering if I could visit and don't tell the kids, I want to surprise them." Miss Mary replied, "Of course you can, just text me when you can come." "Of course! Thank you Miss Mary. I'll see you soon. Goodbye." "Bye Ayana." I hung up and sighed to myself.

I guess I should start packing now. Tomorrow I'll see the orphans for the first time since I left. I can't wait! A few minutes after I finished packing, Luis came in. "Ayana. Diane and Aaron should be out soon. I'll take you to the car." I nodded and walked out the door. I then said to Luis, "Thank you Luis for altering my schedule." He smiled at me. "Of course Ayana. I know how much the orphanage means to you." I smiled back. Luis is always thinking of me and others. Once we got to the car Luis put my luggage in the car. "They should be here any minute now." A couple minutes later I saw Kate, Diane, and Aaron walking towards us. Once Kate saw us she ran towards me. Once she reached me I bent down to her level and she said, "Ayana guess what. I'm going with you to Montegi!" I smiled at her. "That's great! Of course we couldn't leave our little princess behind." Aaron then said, "Let's go." He urged us in the car. Once we got in the driver started to drive us to the airport. Diane spoke up, "Ayana I'm sorry for telling you about this trip last minute." I shook my head. "No it's alright. I'm actually happy that you thought about me. Thank you again." She smiled at me and we continued the ride to the airport in silence. We finally arrived at the airport and once we got on the plane, we were told that we would arrive in about two to three hours. By the time we arrived in Montegi it was around 10 o'clock and we were all exhausted. Kate fell asleep and Aaron carried to her room once we arrived at the Ayala manor, where the Royal Family of Montegi lives. Joseph, Vincent's butler, showed me to my room. "Good night Princess Ayana. I'll come by in the morning to show you where the dining room is." "Thank you and Joseph you don't have to be so formal with me, Ayana is fine. Good night." He nodded and left. Once I was alone, I changed into my nightgown and immediately went to sleep.

The next morning I woke up to someone caressing my head. I slowly opened my eyes and rubbed them. "Ayana." I turned to face the person and saw James there. I sat up and said, "James?" He smiled brightly at me. "Good morning. Nice hair by the way." I quickly started to fix my hair. "I may be a princess, but I still wake up like everyone else. Anyway what are you doing here?" He responded, "I told Jacob to ask Luis if you were free today. I did come unexpectedly last time. Luis told Jacob you came here to visit the orphanage and you'd be staying here for a couple of days. I decided to come here to surprise you. Plus I want to see the place where you grew up. " I smiled at this. "Thank you James. This was a nice surprise. Are you staying here for the next two days?" He nodded. "I hoping that after the orphanage, you could show me around Montegi. After all you've been here most of your life." "Of course! Since you showed me the meadow, I'd be happy to show you around here!" Then a thought occurred to me. "James can you really afford to be here. I know you must be busy." He responded, "Actually I had to alter my schedule a little bit, but it's alright." I sighed. "James, you didn't have to do that. We could have done this another day." "No it's alright. I chose to do this. I just want to learn more about you." I started to blush. That's really sweet of him. He's trying hard to learn more about me. I smiled at him. That's when I realized I was still in bed, in my nightgown. "James let me get ready and eat breakfast. We can go after that." He seems to realize where we were and nods. "I'll wait outside for you. I'll show you where the dining room is." I nodded and he left. I'm happy that he wants to know more about me, but he doesn't have to change his schedule because of it. I sighed and started to get ready. I quickly got ready knowing that James was waiting for me outside the door. Once I was finished, I exited the room and saw James sitting in a nearby chair. "I'm ready." "Good. Let's go." I nodded and followed him to the dining room.