Prologue

(T20 World cup Tournament) (England)

Stadium was full of people. Fans were shouting names of their favorite player. Indian team is playing semifinal match with Australia. India gave them target of 250 runs. Australian team with a strong batting line was at 238 runs with 4 wickets in hands. They need 12 runs in last over. Indian captain was setting field.

Commentator1 – "Tough situation for both the teams. Its not difficult to make 12 runs in an over in t20 match. I think Australia is going to win."

Commentator 2 -"How you can predict so? India is a strong team. When no one believed them, they won the trophy in 2007. They can win."

Commentator 1- "Indian Skip called a spinner to bowl. It may cause defeat as we all can see today pitch is not favoring spinners."

First two balls were dot. On third ball 4 runs, 4th ball dot, 5th ball 2 runs. Australia need 6 runs in 1 ball. The ball went for 6. Once again India lost an important match. There were people who called themselves fan of Indian Cricket Team were expressing their views on social media and criticizing the team. Everyone was criticizing captain for giving the last over to spinner A player sitting in his room just opened his social media account where he was back lashed for playing a bad game and getting out. Several news headlines were flashing on internet.

"Who can bring trophy to India?"

"Should captain resign?"

"Good Batsmen in past, failed as captain."

(Yes, he was captain of India)

Suddenly he felt that it was his fault not whole team's fault. He read different comments from retired players criticizing him and his team. He felt like he had not done anything for his team ever. He felt miserable. But he had faith that his team would stand with him. He heard a knock on his gate and found team coach.

Coach- "I hope, I am not disturbing you. Just came to check you as you were missing at dinner time."

Captain – "I am okay. And about dinner, I am in no mood to eat."

Coach realized that he was still in the team uniform. His eyes were proof that he cried a lot. Coach tried to understand his inner thoughts. To avoid questions of coach, he replied," everything is okay. Just need rest. Good night". After short meeting with coach, he went back to his laptop. He saw some tweets suggesting that he should leave captainship. After a long battle with his inner self he came to conclusion that he should leave captainship taking the blame of losing the game. He came to conclusion that team lost because of his captainship. He was just composing the mail about the same, his room was knocked again. He found his best friend at door. His heart felt happy that no matter what happen, his friend will always stand with him. Captain was advised to not to leave captaincy in such a hasty manner.

2 months later

Indian team was playing in Bangladesh. They won test series by 3-1. 3rd odi match was after 2 days. Odi series was leveled by 1-1. Team had returned from practice session. They all were gathered in captain's room and busy in chit chatting.

Suddenly a player entered in the room and shouted, " How you can do it? Why you did it?"

He looked at everyone. All were looking at him with questioning eyes.

He felt shattered.

He left the room with teary eyes and pain in his heart.

I seriously don't know what the crap I had written.

Writing on wattpad for first time. I used to watch cricket but not now. So all the incidents in the story are fictional. All the characters are inspired by different stories available on wattpad.

I thought not to use any real name of player. Able to connect? Or should I use real names?

Also many incidents may not be possible in real life but I am taking liberty as per need of story.

Please vote and comment.

Open for positive criticism.