𝟬𝟬𝟭. 𝗂𝗇 𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗋𝗒 𝗎𝗇𝗂𝗏𝖾𝗋𝗌𝖾

𓈒 👑 ݁ . ☁︎.🪞➶-͙˚ ༘🥂
·˚ ༘◝ 𝓉𝒽ℯ 𝒽𝒶𝓇𝒹ℯ𝓈𝓉 𝓅𝒶𝓇𝓉 ! ୭̥⋆*。
‎ع˖⁺ ☁⋆ ୭ 🦋.⋆。⋆🕊️⋆˙⊹

☪︎⋆ CHAPTER ONE ❱❱

☪︎⋆ CHAPTER ONE ❱❱

❝ i promise you, maeve cyrus ❞ ⤾·˚ ༘ ◡̈

▎ 𝙶𝙸𝙶𝙶𝙻𝙴𝚂 erupted from maeve cyrus' lips as she had
pied jeff atkins in the face with his birthday cake.

the two were at the park having a cute picnic for jeff's seventeen birthday. nobody else was at the park, it was just them two and the beautiful sunset setting in.

jeff watched as his beautiful girlfriend fell backwards onto the blanket, her right hand holding onto her stomach. he tried not to let the threatening smile take over, he tried to give her a stern look "that is so not funny." he said

his forced look made her laugh even more. he moved the now smushed cake away from them. he quickly hovered over her, as maeve starts to realize what he's about to do.

"jeff— no" she started to push him away

"say sorry" he said giving her a pointed look, as he grab her hands and held them right above her

maeve tried not to giggle "sorry" she stated. just as he was about to let go of her hands "not sorry" she giggled

jeff shook his head before peppering her face with sloppy kisses. frosting now smudged all over her face. "babe!" maeve shrieked "i'm sorry! i'm sorry!" she said through laughs

jeff pulls back, a grin made its way across his lips. even with frosting smudged all over her face, she was still the most beautiful girl he has ever laid eyes on. his right hand kept himself steady above her, while he brought his left hand up to her face. he brushed back some of her hair.

maeve glanced up at him. the one thing with jeff is that he has always made her feel butterflies. she felt her cheeks heat up as he stared at her lovingly with his enchanting blue eyes.

"god you're so beautiful" he muttered. maeve had to look away as a smile took over her face, but jeff placed his thumb on her chin— making her look back at him. "i love you"

there were the butterflies again. "i love you... in every universe" she said to him

jeff rose a brow "wow...in every universe" he grins

maeve nodded "in every universe" she repeated

jeff smiled at her before leaning down to kiss her. even with buttercream frosting all over their faces, they were the happiest in this moment. after pulling away, jeff leaned his forehead against hers "you are something else, maeve cyrus"

night had fallen, and the two were still at the park. jeff and maeve were cuddled up together as they were stargazing.

"how's your mom doing?" jeff asked maeve

three weeks ago, maeve's grandmother passed away. truth be told, maeve cyrus has never been close with her mother's side of the family. heck she's not even close with her own mother, leah jacobs. but she has always been very close with her dad's family.

maeve shrugged "i don't know. i haven't really seen her since the funeral." she answered."i know i promised to try and get close to her, but she just makes it so hard." she explains.

jeff has witness many altercations between leah and maeve. but he has also witness how much it hurts maeve not to have a close relationship with her mom. jeff has tried his best to convince maeve to try to reach out to her mother more, but he knows it can't just be maeve doing all the work. which is why just last week he personally went over to leah's house. granted maeve cyrus has no idea he went over.

he tried his best to remain calm at all times, but leah was a hard headed person. it was hard not to argue with her most of the times. eventually, jeff blew up on her. "you know what, i'm done. there's no hope getting through to you. but it truly sucks that you have no idea how special your daughter is."

"it's okay, you tried and that's all that matters. if she doesn't want to come around, that's on her. she'll just continue to miss out on how extraordinary you are" he claims, while holding onto her hand

a soft smile makes its way onto her lips. but it falters when thinking about her mother. maeve could only imagine how her mother was feeling at losing someone so close to her. maeve couldn't imagine losing anyone in her life. she wouldn't know how to handle it.

maeve removed herself from jeff's hold. she looked up at the stars "if i die i wonder who would sit by my grave the longest" she spoke out loud. her mind drifted off to her father, her grandfather on her dad's side, to her stepmom, and to jeff atkins.

jeff sat up right beside her, he glanced over to her "i would" he said without a doubt. maeve smiles softly as she leans her head against his shoulder "just, please don't die on me anytime soon... or ever" he said as he placed a kiss on her head

she glanced up on him "same goes to you. promise me, you will never leave me"

jeff leans down to kiss her, as he pulls away he spoke "i promise you, maeve cyrus"

it's been a few months since then, and maeve cyrus was sitting on the grass. she wiped the dried tears from her cheeks. jeff had lied. maeve sat six feet away from jeff atkin's gravestone, where she has been sitting for over four hours. jeff atkins never asked the same question as maeve did: if i die i wonder who would sit by my grave the longest. but now the world knows, it's maeve cyrus.

-ˋˏ -ETERNALLYSATURN SPEAKS ! ˎˊ-
jeff atkins deserved better.