chapter two

𝖳𝖶𝖮, the dinner

𝖳𝖶𝖮, the dinner

"you know, I'm not really a summer person but with the oceans, the sunsets, you," Rafaella spoke to William

"you know, I'm not really a summer person but with the oceans, the sunsets, you," Rafaella spoke to William. she let out a chuckle, "this city amazes me."

her husband laughed along with her. a grin graced both their faces while the teenager and two young adults watched them in disgust and annoyance.

"kill me now." Mikey muttered and rolled her eyes. she lightly threw her head back against the top rail of the chair.  Nick smirked at her words and looked towards her while the parents still laughed with eachother.

"national geographic included it in its list of most charming places in the world." Nick educated as a woman waiter discreetly (not so discreetly) ran her hand up his arm.

Mikey scowled at the waiter who walked away swaying her hips. "jealous much?" Nick whispered. Mikey pretended to scratch the side of her face with her middle finger and Nick just smiled at her pettiness.

"all thanks to our efforts of lobbying." William smiled before taking a sip of his wine.

"aren't there a lot of forest fires around here?" Noah asked. her eyebrows furrowed and her eyes widened while talking, "I mean, this time of year?" She corrected.

"yes, Noah, unfortunately it's a blight on our city. so far this summer, two already." William responded. he held two fingers up and put his hand down again.

"I don't get why people throw cigarette butts out of the window." both Mikey and Noah looked accusingly at Nick who was innocently eating his dessert.

"yeah, I know." the much older man agreed with his wife. Nick guiltily looked at both of the girls who blankly stared at him.

"you should be careful, Nick, wouldn't want to start a forest fire, hm?" Mikey whispered to him. He narrowed his eyes at the tan skinned girl.

"do you have any points deducted from your license, Nick?" Noah asked.

"from that? impossible." the man lied, wiping his face. "Nick doesn't smoke." William stated.

"no, he's a great athlete. surfing champion, right?" Rafaella backed up her husband's sentence.