chapter nine

NINE, distractions

NINE, distractions

the party was loud, spanish music blasted over the speakers and there were cars that pulled in with loud noises coming from the exhaust. Mikey pulled into the lot, avoiding the people in front of her motorcycle but took small turns so Alana wouldn't fall off of the back.

Alana was holding on for dear life around Mikey's waist. the brazilian had no idea why she agreed to sit on the back of the motorcycle.

Mikey had been to a variety of parties, none of which were hosted in a literal desert -- at least that's what she thought it was. it was set up as a small race track and there were gazebos that hovered over the DJ's setup. there was (what seemed like) a makeshift parking lot although most of the cars were scattered.

Mikey parked next to Lion's car once she found Jenna, Lion, evanna and her half-sister parked. people were all over the place, the older girl was afraid someone would steal her helmet (that she'd given Alana to wear during the ride) and her motorcycle.

"chica, just wrap a red bandana around the volante, it'll be fine." Jenna told the girl, smirking at the thought of Mikey fearing for her motorcycle.

"if somebody steals this, lo juro por dios." Mikey spoke with a serious tone as she wrapped an extra bandana around the left front fork (the steering wheel).

Noah laughed and patted her tall sister on the shoulder, "you'll be fine, Mikey."

"ay, easy for you to say. this is my pride and joy, your pride and joy is your phone." the older girl motioned to her bike, rolling her eyes.

"fair enough." Noah shrugged, wrapping her arm around evanna's shoulder. "vamos." the girl told evanna, pulling her along so they could go dance.

"ew, look at that freak fest." Alana turned the older girls head with her pointer finger, allowing Mikey's eyes to set on Nick (who was in his red car) and Anna who just kissed him.

"good luck, baby." Anna told Nick once she moved away from the cars window. Alana and Mikey 'gagged' at the sight, showing disgusted looks as they turned away.