chapter seven

𝖲𝖤𝖵𝖤𝖭, sympathy

𝖲𝖤𝖵𝖤𝖭, sympathy

after Noah had her little meltdown, Mikey stormed to her room in tears

after Noah had her little meltdown, Mikey stormed to her room in tears. Noah was never like that, she never judged her older sister and actually understood what she was going through in that relationship. Yosuel was toxic, mentally and verbally abusive, Mikey didn't want it to get physical, so she stayed with him.

Mikey was the older sibling, and it was weak to show emotion because of her little sister's meltdown. But Noah was right.

the girl wiped her tears even though they continued to drop. Noah called her name and apologized furiously but it was muffled through the wooden door.

"Mikes, come on, you know I'm right!" Noah dubiously said. her voice was laced with regret,  but she continued to say the same thing, you know I'm right.

"Noah, fuck off already." Mikey shouted through her door. she grabbed a hold of something random and threw it across the room in anger. maybe I do have anger issues, she thought.

"no, I'm sorry for what I said-"

"Noah, I said go!" she heard her sister sigh before walking away to her room down the hall. "sisterly love, hm?" a familiar male voice came from the balcony. Mikey swung her body around and faced Nick who stood against the balcony door frame.

she ran her hand through her hair and sadly sighed deeply. "how'd you get over here?"

"oh, I jumped." he casually replied as he walked around her room, noticing the cracked picture frame she threw.

a woman with dark black hair and brown eyes was smiling brightly, wrinkles next to her eye crinkled as she largely grinned. a little girl, about five or six with black hair and almost black eyes, was sitting contently on her shoulders with a small smile, they were standing in a field of flowers and trees surrounded the perimeter.

"you jumped?" Mikey curiously questioned. Nick just ignored her and picked up the frame, dumping the broken glass into the small trashcan.

"who's this?" the man asked, turning the object towards her so she could see the picture.

her breath hitched and she walked towards him, "that's my mom, Carmina Iglesias."

"I see where you get your beauty from," he complimented. Nick placed the frame on the dresser where it might've been before.

Mikey hummed in agreement before speaking, "yes, she was very beautiful." she walked in front of her mirror to see if any of her mascara smudged.

he walked behind her and looked at the woman through the mirror and she looked at him as well. "i'm sorry for what Noah said. you deserve better than your boyfriend." Nick's eyes seemed to squint slightly at the word boyfriend as if he was jealous.

Nick wouldn't dare bring up her father, he obviously wasn't sure what he was like so he didn't want to bring him up. "It's all right, he's a dickhead but I can't just leave him."

he hummed, Nick wanted her to continue as she looked like she had more to say. "his ex is beautiful, I cannot blame him. My absence is the reason for the cheating, so I only blame myself. I'm a new adult, I should be on my own, I should have stayed." his hand made its way to her shoulder. her eyes followed his movements, not doing anything to stop him.

Nick's presence strangely gave her comfort. he listened to her, he gave her a caring look and sometimes a quick genuine smile.

"it's not your fault that your boyfriend can't handle a day without screwing someone. as an adult, you shouldn't blame yourself for other people's problems."

"you're right," she confirmed sadly, dropping her head slightly to look at the ground. Nick furrowed his eyebrows and brought his other hand to gently lift her head up, a smile gracing his lips for her.

"I've got to go, okay?" Mikey nodded at him, looking at his expression through the mirror. "I'm going to the beach with friends, wanna come?"

"no, I think I'm alright here, have fun." she denied the invitation. he smiled, "I will."

kissing her cheek quickly before she could move, he dashed out of the bedroom door.

authors note:I didn't know you guys liked this book so much Oh - em - gee

authors note:
I didn't know you guys liked this book so much Oh - em - gee