Chap. 5: Animals, Clowns, and Blades

I followed after Zoro, looking at our surroundings. The houses and shops were empty, like no one had ever been there. A building that conatined people on the top caught my attention. Tapping Zoro on the shoulder, I pointed.

"Up there. Isn't this the building the Buggy Pirates say their captain had made base?" I asked, looking at Zoro.

"Ah, I think it is." He answered. I nodded moving in front of him. "I have a feeling Luffy is up there. There was a staircase leading to the rooftop, from what Pom-Poms said. Let's go."

Zoro nodded and followed me as I moved with quick speed to where the trio had said the stairs were. Moving up them, I took in the situation.

There was the orange-haired girl I'd met a few days ago, her hands wrapped on the fuse of a cannon. I could tell her hands were burning, letting me know the fuse had been lit. Luffy, for one reason or another, was in a cage. A few of Buggy's Pirates were heading towards her with swords at. I locked eyes with Zoro. A plan was made silently.

I quietly darted over to Luffy, kneeling beside him. He looked at me in surprise. I held a finger up to my mouth and motioned to Zoro.

"Hey, hey..." Zoro spoke, guarding the girl from the Pirates as she continued grabbing the fuse. "All these people picking on just one girl?"

Luffy grinned at the sight and I shook my head. 'So excitable.'

"Zoro!" The kid exclaimed. The girl turned and looked over her shoulder.

I tilted my head, pausing in my examination of the lock. I called out to him. "Zoro, are they not worthy of your blade or something?"

He looked back at me and smirked. Zoro didn't answer, instead looked back at the girl. "Injured?" He asked. She stared at him, shocked. "Eh..."

"Are you injured?" He repeated.

"Eh... uh... No, I'm fine," she managed to get out. I smiled slightly.

"Yaaaa, thank goodness!" Luffy said. "You were actually able to find the place. Hurry up and get me out of here."

Zoro turned around to stare. "What on earth are you doing? A bird takes you away and now you're in a cage?"

I facepalmed. 'I told him, but he didn't believe me.. asscouch.'

"Well, it was a lot of fun." Luffy replied, pouting slightly.

"Zoro! Zo..." One of Buggy's pirates stammered. "That's what he called him, right?"

I looked at the green-haired man as he started walking towards us.

"So, you are Zoro." Buggy spoke up, his voice sounding gravelly. Zoro paused, looking back a bit. "What do you want? Did you come for my head?"

Zoro closed his eyes, frowning slightly. "Nope, not interested. I quit being a pirate hunter."

I jolted slightly as Buggy's voice went kind of high. "But I'm interested." His voice went back to how it was earlier. "If I kill you, I'll become even more famous."

Zoro looked over at him with a slightly dark face.  "Don't do it. You'll die."

Buggy pulled out two sabers (I think they were, anyway). He had this nasty grin on his face. "Eh? Okay." The sabers in his hands were twirling. He caught them, stopping the motion.

Zoro seemed done with him. He looked back at the Pirate Captain, one of his swords still settled on his right shoulder. His eyes were narrowed and mouth was set in a line. He scoffed slightly. "I guess words can't make him understand."