CHAPTER TWELVE: THE CREATION

𝘊𝘏𝘈𝘗𝘛𝘌𝘙 𝘛𝘞𝘌𝘓𝘝𝘌
❝ 𝐋𝐢𝐛𝐛𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐝𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐜𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐟𝐞𝐥𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐮𝐫𝐠𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐨 𝐭𝐨𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝, 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐩𝐨𝐧𝐝

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。..・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐈𝐙𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐄 𝐒𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐑𝐄𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓 was quickly becoming all too frequent, leaving the population confused, and its inhabitants scratching their heads at the end of each day. Just a day ago, it has been reported by many news sites of mysterious creatures supposedly spawning from the most abandoned parts of town, particularly heavily forested areas. No clues could also be found to the disappearance of little Jake, which previously had the whole town mortified. No evidence of an abduction whatsoever, leading the authorities nowhere in the case. 

The people wanted answers. They wanted it now. His mother stood strong and pledged that she would bring her son home. She was fed up with the cops not doing anything on their part. The witness count increased by the day. These creatures in question were commonly described by people as a dark and slimy slithering being, like that of some old hagfish. 

Libby quickly noted that these creatures typically live in a land surrounded by a large magical source— like Ethenia. She recognizes them as 'sea-slithers' and knows that these things wouldn't just pop out all of a sudden in a 'just-like-that' fashion.. would they? Whatever the case may be— this was really weird.

"This is not a good sign.." she said to herself skeptically, picking up a slimy piece of scale left behind by the slitherer. She saw the long slimy trail leading to the pond near the town park. She had work to do.

Libby was determined to get to the bottom of it all.

When she returned home after school, alone, this time with her observations on paper, she didn't hesitate and went straight to her room, shutting the door, locking it behind her. Luckily she made great progress on all those posters and managed to place them all over campus with the help of the team. 

She had been taking note of this growing predicament for a couple weeks now, shown by all the stacks of paper covering her desk, and Post-It notes scattered all over her room. Libby didn't sleep much the last few nights— rather.. she hadn't slept at all, actually from trying to find more evidence on the return of Shadowbane.

She soon got to work on her latest creation. Libby used a careful amount of magic and charms in order for the device to work properly. She quickly popped into the kitchen, snatching some old forks and spoons. Libby then made sure to expose it to high heat, adding an enchantment charm to the new molten mixture. 

She then poured some of the hot molten metal onto a separate bowl for these types of creations, then into a precise mold that she made for the glasses. Carefully pouring in the metal until it filled up just right, nearly dropping some (thankfully she wore her protective gloves, coat, and whatnot— whew!)