CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: FAILURE IN SUCCESS

𝘊𝘏𝘈𝘗𝘛𝘌𝘙 𝘚𝘌𝘝𝘌𝘕𝘛𝘌𝘌𝘕
❝ 𝐔𝐡, 𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐭 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠?
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。..・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐄, which was an abandoned travel agency, to be exact, was one of the many headquarters housing the secret society of Changeling trolls led by the enigmatic Otto Scaarbach. The Janus Order. They held the key to finding the cure for Libby. Hopefully.

The group of friends consisted of a diverse bunch, each with unique skills and talents that had proven invaluable in their Trollhunting missions. They had encountered various challenges in the past, but they were always united by their determination to protect their community from mischievous trolls and other creatures.

As they entered the dimly lit interior of the old travel agency, memories of their previous encounters flooded their minds. They knew that navigating through this mysterious labyrinth would be no easy task, but they were well-prepared.

Deep within the bowels of the dark headquarters of the Janus Order, the group found themselves surrounded by an eerie silence. The air was thick with tension and the sense of impending danger as they navigated through the labyrinthine passages. The blinding white light creates a foreboding atmosphere, though they've all set foot in the place before.

They had ventured deep into the Janus Order's headquarters in search of Libby's cure, who had fallen victim to the poison of the death vines while trying to uncover evidence of Shadowbane's existence. The creatures popping around town were weird enough and so that encouraged her to go and search. But eventually, everything was catching up to her.

As they progressed further into the heart of the dark lair, the tension escalated, and the walls seemed to close around them. The echoes of their footsteps added to the eeriness of the place, and each breath felt like a whisper of fear. Yet, they pushed forward, their determination outweighing their trepidation.

"You guys find anything, yet? Because we've been walking here for HOURS!" Tobes complained, unwilling to go any further.

"We have to keep going, Tobes. Blinky said the potion should be hidden around here somewhere."

"His books don't lie," Claire said.

"I know, I know. I just hope Libby's holding up well."

"Remember everyone. We must be as quiet as possible. Once we find the cure, we must depart, post haste. We cannot afford another confrontation with.. that scoundrel," Blinky says. Aargh made sure to take quiet steps as a way to encourage everyone.

"How about we split up? Tobes and I will look over here, you three search that corner over there." They each nodded before going their separate ways. "C'mon Tobes."

They looked in every room they could spot. Every small crevasse, if even possible. They searched through old statues and other artwork, but nothing.

"You sure that it's around here, dude? 'Cause I really have a feeling that this is the wrong—" He hears the sound of a door sliding open. He sighs in relief, believing that his friend finally found something. Like maybe a hidden library or maybe a secret stash of potions. "Jimbo, you found something! Thank gosh, because I was just about to—AAAHHH!"