EPILOGUE- THE AFTER-ENDING

𝘌𝘗𝘐𝘓𝘖𝘎𝘜𝘌- 𝘛𝘏𝘌 𝘈𝘍𝘛𝘌𝘙-𝘌𝘕𝘋𝘐𝘕𝘎
❝ 𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐢𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐥. 𝐀𝐬 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐬 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐛𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬, 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐨𝐤𝐚𝐲 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐡𝐞𝐫. 𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐚 𝐬𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐨𝐟 𝐩𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬. ❞

- 𝐄𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐀

𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 the resounding victory against the malevolent Shadowbane, Libby, and her companions found themselves back amidst the remnants of Ethenia, a land once plagued by darkness but now freed from its grasp. Queen Solara was now resting among the stars and its people attended the special ceremony held in her honor. It had been a long and sad day for everyone. The surviving people of the realm, grateful and elated, gathered to greet their saviors, with Libby at the center of their admiration.

As the townsfolk praised her bravery and valor, Libby couldn't help but feel humbled by their gratitude. The weight of her actions settled on her shoulders, realizing the impact she had on the lives of these people. Just then, a solemn figure emerged from the crowd, clad in the royal guard's regal armor of Ethenia.

"Cap-Captain Harrick?"

The guard approached Libby, his eyes gleaming with reverence and admiration. "My lady, I served your queen. I failed to protect her. I ask that you give me another chance, that is if you'll have me. I, Captain Harrick, pledge my unwavering fealty to you," he declared with a deep bow, his unwavering loyalty evident in every word. "I shall be by your side and defend your name and honor. I shall guard you from all harm and sacrifice my life if need be."

Taken aback by this unexpected turn of events, Libby exchanged glances with her friends, who nodded in support. The crowd's murmurs of approval grew louder, and before she knew it, Captain Harrick had retrieved Queen Solara's old crown that had been safely tucked inside his satchel. A golden beauty mirroring the rays of the sun, like the radiating wisdom she brought. Libby ran her finger through the thick engraved pattern of the crown, realizing that it was hers now. It was a symbol of the past and a legacy that now passed onto Libby's shoulders.

With great solemnity and utmost respect, Captain Harrick gently placed the crown on Libby's head. The metal of the crown felt cold against her skin, and as she looked up, she saw the eyes of the people filled with hope, trust, and anticipation. Soon, all bowed to her. What started off slow and gradual spread throughout the crowd, where she witnesses her dearest friends bowing before her.

"And I hope it won't come to that," Libby responded to his earlier oath where the two met in the middle and formally shook hands. "Long live Queen Libby!" cried Captain Harrick, and the entire crowd echoed his words, their voices ringing through the air.

"LONG LIVE QUEEN LIBBY!" Her friends shouted in unison.

Overwhelmed by the momentous responsibility that had been thrust upon her, Libby hesitated for a brief moment, glancing at her friends once more. They smiled encouragingly, silently communicating their belief in her strength and wisdom.

At that moment, Libby accepted her new role, feeling a sense of duty to honor the memory of Queen Solara and to lead Ethenia into a brighter future. She straightened her posture, a newfound sense of determination coursing through her veins. With grace and humility, she addressed the people, "I accept this honor not only for myself but for all those who have fought and sacrificed for Ethenia," Libby declared, her voice strong and resolute. "I promise to lead with compassion, wisdom, and courage, to rebuild our beloved land, and to protect it from any future threats. And we shall honor those who sacrificed their lives for this land. Starting with Queen Solara, who has ruled with bravery, wisdom, and kindness to each and every one of us."