episode one

OVERONE

OVER
ONE

MOON COLLYMORE WAS excited. The first semester of her sophomore year had gotten off to a bit of a rocky start, but she was ready to end it with a fresh start. After all, what could possibly go wrong? She and Nini were finally dating. They had an entire semester to grow and flourish. Everything was perfect and nothing was going to get in their way and what the hell was that? Moon stared at the notification on her lock-screen in confusion.

madmaddox started following you!

Oh, hell no. She did not get to do this. Not after all these years. Not after her perfect Christmas with Nini. Moon opened her phone and tapped the notification, intending on blocking the account immediately. No messy ex-girlfriends were going to ruin the rest of her year! But then her phone started ringing, lighting up with a phone call from Nini. Honestly, it startled Moon a bit and she dropped her phone.

In her haste to pick up her phone and answer, Moon accidentally hits the follow button on Maddox's account, locking it. Shit. Shit, shit, shit. Whatever, she would just handle it later. Now that her phone was locked, Nini's face was lighting up the screen as she called back.

 Now that her phone was locked, Nini's face was lighting up the screen as she called back

She quickly scrambled to press the little green button. Nini couldn't help herself but to smile as she heard the sound of Animal by Neon Trees in the background. They were Moon's favorite band. She'd given Moon an entire mixtape of her doing covers of their songs for her birthday, which just so happened to be Christmas Break. It kind of sucked ass, but what can you do? "Hi, baby!", Nini greeted cheerfully, her plump and pouty lips turning up into an eager smile. There was a window behind her, and the sun seemed to illuminate her golden tawny skin. Her dark brown hair, nearly black, was in perfectly neat waves, the thick strands falling over her thin shoulders. "Why did you reject me?", she asked, her thin brows knitting together in confusion. Even still, he warm brown eyes remained fond, her gaze soft.

"It was an accident", Moon chuckled. "I would never reject your phone call. I love you too much. Hold on, I'm switching us to FaceTime."

Nini's cheeks heated, the pink tint obvious against her pale skin. "I love you too." After all she'd been through with Ricky, it was so nice to hear someone tell her they loved her first for a change. It was the same for Moon. What had happened with Maddox had hurt Moon deeply, but that didn't mean she was ruined for love forever or anything! "Actually, I wanted to tell you something."