episode three

OVERTHREE

OVER
THREE

MOON WASN'T EXACTLY excited to be spending Valentine's Day alone. Physically alone, anyway. She and Nini were still together, but celebrating virtually just wasn't the same. Plus, Nini had barely spoken to her that day! They'd FaceTimed for maybe half an hour before Nini told her she had to go and rushed off the phone. It kind of sucked that they didn't even get to have a virtual date. But Moon understood that YAC was important to her her girlfriend, and was trying her best to be supportive.

Luckily for her, she wouldn't have to spend the holiday completely alone after all. There was excited knocking at her front door, which jolted her out of her thoughts. Moon quickly jogged over to the door and pulled it open. (She really needed to start looking before she did that.) She was surprised to see none other than Maddox Park standing on the other side. The girl had changed since Moon saw her last. Her wheat colored skin, as beautiful as the harvest moon, and strawberry blonde hair stood out against the night sky. Her plump, pink lips turned up into a brilliant smile that caused the freckles across her slender nose bridge and rounded cheeks to twitch a little. Her almond shaped eyes, the color of warm honey spilling on wood, even squinted at the action. Amused, she glanced over Moon and the way the oversized, navy blue t-shirt and grey shorts hung off her slender frame. "I see you've been stealing EJ's clothes again."

"Just the shirt", Moon chuckled. "Maddy- Maddox", she corrected herself, "what are you doing here?"

"Well, EJ was doing all this wining and complaining that he was spending Valentine's Day all alone for the first time ever, and I was like 'well, my parents love you, I can come and visit' and hopped on a plane and ta-daaaa, here I am", Maddox explained, doing jazz hands. That was totally lame, she thought to herself, why did I do that? "I've been here all day. EJ and I spent the day together. I figured, you know, since I was already here that I could stop by and say hello to you too! I thought you could use the company, since your parents are out and Nini is still away at YAC. This one just happened to be the best time to surprise you."

Moon was still in shock, but she stepped back and gestured inside. "Okay. Well, uh come on it. Make yourself at home!"

"Gladly", Maddox smiled as she entered the nice home, taking off her coat and hanging it neatly on the coat rack as she did so. Moon watched her in amusement before closing and locking the door behind them. Hey, she could play nice for a night. Actually, talking to Maddox had been a welcome part of her day lately. Things had slowed down a bit as requested, but they didn't exactly stop talking as planned.

"You're just in time. I was about to start Die Hard", Moon informed. They had a lot of history with that movie, ironically enough.

Maddox groaned. "Oh my God, Die Hard-"

"-is not a Christmas movie", Moon finished. They'd had that argument a lot. "Well, luckily for you, it's not Christmas. Everybody wins."

She dragged Maddox over to the couch, where Maddox begrudgingly sat. As the movie began, the two found themselves talking more than they were listening to it. The popcorn was halfway gone, but the movie had long since lost its appeal. It almost felt like old times. Until another unexpected guest arrived.