-5-

When we all go back to land rooster and I finally got to go on our date. He told me to dress casual so I did. I waited for him on my front porch it was five minutes past of when he was supposed to arrive. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and continued to wait. After two hours passed there was no sign of him. As I scrolled through social media a picture of him and Phoenix fanboy and payback appeared at a baseball game with Phoenix kissing his cheek. I screen shotted it and sent it to him typing 'thanks for the date tonight it was lovely' I sent it.

I changed into my riding gear and got on my bike. It would be my first ride since I wrecked it. When I stopped at a red light a loud group pulled up behind me.

Roosters POV
I didn't want to go to the baseball game but the guys made me go. Once I had a few beers in me I started losing track of time. Nearing the end of the game my phone buzzed it was Maddie. I can't believe I forgot I mentally slapped myself and got the group to my car. As I was driving them back a biker was in front of me and I knew exactly who it was.
"Is that roulette?" Phoenix asked pointing to the helmet that said roulette as I nodded. The guys hung out the window to get her attention as Phoenix reached over and honked the horn making her turn around. As Maddie turned Phoenix grabbed me and kissed me.
As the light turned green I heard her bike speed off and I pushed Phoenix off of me. "What the hell Phoenix!?" I yelled as I continued driving. The guys got quiet. "What? You know you like me and that I like you why don't we just become a couple already?" She asked. "I do not like you like that Phoenix ok? I like roulette like that not you." I said harshly. Once I got them all back to their places I went out looking for Roulette I had to make this right.

Roulettes pov

I couldn't believe what just happened. Tears kept stinging my eyes as I drove. I went to the pull off my dad would always go to that's secluded and just screamed. All the pent up anger needed released. How could he do this this was a new pain I've never felt before. I got a text from mav that rooster was on his way. He ratted out my hiding spot. As I got on my bike to leave a set of headlights shined on me. Rooster.

He got out and started walking towards me as I started my bike. He stood in front and hit my kill switch. "Get off the bike." He said sternly. "No now move." I said starting it back up. He hit the kill switch again. "Off. Now."I got off and took my helmet off stepping away from him. "Maddison I know I fucked up I forgot yes I know. I did not kiss Phoenix she kissed me. I pushed her off of me and took them home. I'm so sorry maddy." He said grabbing my hands making me move away again.

"You stood me up. You left me there waiting for hours and you never came." I said not even looking at him. "I know and I'm sorry I didn't mean for it to happen. Please let me make it up to you." He pleaded grabbing my arms this time. "Why should I? So you can waste my time again?" I said coldly looking up at him tears stinging my eyes again. "Maddy im not going to." He said grabbing the sides of my face gently as he wiped away tears. I moved away and put my helmet on. "Goodnight Bradshaw." I said starting my bike up. He followed me home to make sure I was safe. When I opened my front door I left it open for him.

He took the hint and walked it. "We can watch a movie that's how you can make it up." I said turning on the tv. He looked around and saw my seabags packed. "You're deploying?" He asked me as I nodded. "I leave Monday." I replied. "Was gonna tell you tonight but ya know." I added walking into my room to change into shorts and a t-shirt. I came back and he was looking at photos on my mantle one was of me him and our moms.

"We were close as kids." I said sitting on the couch. He came and sat beside me. "Maddy I really am sorry." He said as I put my legs across his lap. "It's whatever I'm use to it. Now pick a movie." I told him. About an hour in I was fast asleep laying on his chest. "I wish I could bring you home to my parents maddy" he said gently kissing my head. I felt something laying there with rooster that I haven't felt in a long time. I knew I couldn't be mad at Rooster forever. I needed him he made me feel safe.

Around 2AM i woke up to rooster laying me down in my bed. I grabbed his arm and looked up to him as he stopped. "Don't go." I mumbled as he nodded slowly. He took off his shirt and shorts, and laid down beside me.I curled into his side and fell asleep.

As the days went on we spent each one together until I left for deployment. Little did we both know how this would go for us.