-7-

A few months passed as did therapy sessions. The navy was on the verge of discharging me until my therapists cleared me. Did I feel better, a little but not fully. Rooster was the biggest help, the only time he left was to go to work. If I was having good days we'd go get ice cream or go to the pull off and just relax. He made me feel normal again, and we made our dating official about a week ago.

Rooster got pulled to go on a mission with hangman. This would be the first time in three months we'd be apart. He was excited to go and I knew that, and apart of me didn't want him to leave but I knew he'd be happy to do this. I sat on the bed as he packed up some stuff. "Are you sure you're ok with me doing this?" He asked coming over to me. "Yes go have fun and come back to me safe." I said sitting up on my knees has he grabbed my hands kissing them. "You know they're looking for another pilot." He said. "I'm not cleared to fly they're scared I'll panic." I said. "They're having me test fly next week." I added.

"Are you sure you'll be ok without me for a bit?" He asked again. I stood up so I could be eye level with him. "Im positive stop worrying about me." I said wrapping my arms around his neck. He kissed me gently as he grabbed my waist I kissed him back rubbing the back of his neck. I pulled away a little and mumbled against his lips "just come back home to me." He smiled against my lips "I promise I will princess." He said and kissed me again.

When rooster left for deployment maverick and warlock were running my flying test. The only person on my mind was Bradley. Once I go up in the air all my worries went away I felt at peace again.

It finally came time for rooster to come home after 4 months the day of he never showed up at the house. So I waited. I got a snap chat from hangman and it was of rooster Phoenix fanboy coyote and bob all at hard deck partying and he turned the camera around to him and said "we're back!" And that what the video. My stomach dropped. He came home and never said anything to me.

I waited a few more hours to see if he would just to get another video of them all singing and Phoenix is on his lap kissing his neck. That was it for me I packed up my stuff and left his house. Rooster was my best friend the person I could go to the person I was falling in love with. I dropped off my stuff at my moms house and grabbed my bike. I went up to the hard deck and walked in and they were all there. Hangman and I made eye contact and he smirked. "Someone's in trouble." He sang looking at rooster. I came up behind them leaning on the railing. "Nice to know my boyfriend is home with a whore on his lap." I said into his ear making him jump up and push Phoenix off of him.

"Roulette..I-I'm" he started to say. "Save it." I said slamming my house key down on the railing. "I got cleared to fly and got new orders. You aviators have a good night." I said walking out. "Way to go fucking that up rooster." Hangman said following after me as rooster stood their in shock. "You're not gonna hear him out?" Hangman asked "sure he fucked up but he cares about you." He added. "If he cared he wouldn't of done it for a second time." I said putting on my helmet. "Where you going at least?" He asked me. "Jacksonville." I lied and saw rooster coming out. I hugged hangman goodbye and he kissed my head. I was staying in a different part of California and no one would know.

"Maddie please hear me out." He pleaded grabbing my waist. "No, this is the second time with her! You didn't even come see me today or texted me or called. I sat at home waiting." I said. He was drunk I could smell it. I pushed him off of me to get on my bike, in doing so he grabbed me again so I wouldn't get on "Madison no." He said a bit more sternly. "Don't touch me." I said pushing him off. "I'm leaving I'll be back in San Diego in a few years. Goodbye Bradshaw." I got on my bike and left. I saw rooster in my mirror kicking at the rocks pissed off. I needed time. More time to myself, time to get back into flying, and time away from rooster.