21st Century?

*groans* 

"Where am I.." said the man with a pair of  blue eyes slowly trying to access just what had happened. He sits up and trying to calm down the slight throbbing pain on his head. He was just in his office moments ago. 

'What happened?'

...
[ few minutes ago]

Dazzling sun up in the clear blue sky. The maids are working hard completing everyday tasks in the mansion. The barrack are busy with knights sharpening their skills.  Everyone is occupied with their own bussiness.

Someone particular could be seen walking across the hall rather hurrily. Pink hair, blue eyes. This description alone could be apply to only one person in the Ducal household. Reynold Eckart. 

*bang*

"Father!" Reynold cried out, walking straight to The Duke. The Duke gave Reynold a glance and continued his paperworks. 'It is still early in the morning' The Duke thought. Thinking that The Duke purposely not acknowledging his presence. He called out to his father again. "Father!"

"Sigh, what is it Reynold? Stop shouting" the Duke gave in and stopped ignoring his second son. He looked up, knowing what he is gonna ask already. "Father, did you already found out the bastard who dared hurt Penelope?" Reynold asked.

He took some time before finally asnwering back the question. "And what if I do Reynold? Just who is reckless enough to aim and even slit an Eckart throat? At a banquet held in the Imperial Palace at that" he said. Both of the men in the room had long came to the same conclusion. The Crown Prince of the Empire, Callisto Regulus. Everyone could already tell who is it but no one dared to voice it out. 

"The fact you are still here standing in front of me is thanks to Fennel for holding you back from storming into the Imperial Palace" he glared to him. This foolish son. Just what was he thinking? 

Reynold gritted his teeth. Right now he just want to give that bastard a good smack on the face. He dared to slit Penelope's throat?! She has been unconscious since then! He breathed in and out. "Then, what about the handkerchief she hold on to? It does not look like the Royal's family crest, we could do something about it." Indeed, we can't just attack the Crown Prince but we could still do something to the man that gave Penelope the handkerchief! 

"What handkerchief?" the Duke asked Reynold. His ears percked up. He was not informed of this handkerchief existence. 

"Huh? The handkerchief Penelope hold on to her neck when it was bleeding last night. Father didn't know?" Reynold dumfounded. 

Wait a minute. 

He asked Penelope's maid to throw it away last night! 

"Nevermind Father, I asked Penelope's maid to throw it away last night." He pinch the middle of his eyebrows. Stupid. "Why did you do that, Reynold? That means someone else could also be invlove in this matter. That handkerchief could be our evidence!" the Duke could not believe his second son just did that. Maybe he should ask Reynold to spend more time on books. Sigh. He is sighing so much today. Maybe he should take a little walk outside later and breathe some fresh air. 

"It's fine. I believe there's nothing more to discuss about. Return to your room Reynold" he ordered Reynold. "But Father, we can't just let this slide! Let me order that maid to find that handkerchief" Reynold said. How could we just let this slide? Whoever gave Penelope that handkerchief gotta face me first. He is determined. 

"Quit it Reynold. I will figure it out. Now, you go return to your room. This is an order" The Duke said. He feels like his second son will only give him more headache if he were to stay any longer. Maybe he should also ask Fennel for some tea.