3

Everyone is now gathered around the dining table. Some are sitting down on the available dining chairs and some just chose to stand up.

"Alright, let's now do an introduction." Penelope once again became the centre of attention.

"Each one of you will introduce yourself. I know that most of you already knew each other...but this is necessary for me alright? Okay so here how it'll go. We'll introduce ourselves first and after that's settled, let's get to know each other for a bit. At least until my friend arrives. If everyone is clear then let's start with you," Penelope said looking to her right, there's Emily sitting beside her.

Emily jolted when Penelope asked her to be the first one to speak.

"Huh?Yes! MynameisEmilyandIworkasamaidinEckarthouseld. Thank you!" Emily blurted out her introduction, her head lowered almost hitting the dining table.

There's nothing wrong with her introduction. It was short, simple and straight to the point. However, too fast that it sounded like a blabber.

(Penelope be like 😑 )

"No. Again."

"B-But I already introduced myself!" Emily lifts her head and looks at Penelope with a betrayed expression.

"Miss girl, ain't nobody listening to that incomprehensible blabber-introduction. I don't care, again 🙃" Her comment was left hanging there when Emily did not infact, introduce herself again.

Emily could feel invisible sweat trinkling down her forehead when she felt all eyes on her.

Penelope frowned her eyebrows. "What are you doing? I said do it again."
(For an introvert, this is such a scary situation 😭)

"..okay." With a deep breath, she encourages herself.
'Let's do this Emily!'

"Good..evening everyone, my name is Emily. I am working as a maid in the Eckart household. ... Thank you." She lowered her head. This manner was  to show respect to the people who are of a much higher status than her.

After two seconds, she lifts her head back up, subtly smiling to herself. 'I did great!'

"I see. Then from now on, I'll call you Emily okay?" Penelope said.

"Yes" Emily nodded.

"Soooo you're a maid? .........  Hmm" Penelope's fingers under her chin, eyes darting to the corner of her eye. She seems to have something on her mind.

"Why? Is something the matter Penelope?" The Duke asked. 

Penelope is still weirded out on how they all seem to know her name but she decided to not make a fuss about it for now.

"Nothing. Though I am just wondering... the people in your world have maids?" Penelope asked, tilting her head.

"The people in your world don't?" Reynold was quick to question her back. Tilting his head on the opposite side from Penelope's head.

"But like, then...  who prepares your bath? Who helps you get to dress? And most importantly, who prepares your food? Also, how come I don't see any of your maids around? You don't have any?" Reynold asked, bombarding Penelope with all sorts of questions.

"Be silent Reynold, your non-functioning idiotic brain is showing. Don't you realize just how rude you are right now? Quit embarrassing yourself already" Derek coldly tells him off. He sighs.  Just what luck is it for him to have an idiot as his younger brother?

"What?! I was just asking!" Reynold said with all honesty. It's not like he's trying to mock Penelope or something. He's only asking! He rolls his eyes.  Just why does he has to have such a nagger as his older brother?