2

*ting*

It was Penelope's. She quickly opened the text and it was from Alice, one of her few close friends.

The others in the room are just awkwardly standing still, not knowing what to do. Just a moment ago they were told to explain themselves. Now, she won't even look at them in the eye and instead furiously tapping a foreign rectangular object. They are wondering what that is but none ask. They don't think they should interrupt her, not when they could be hit with an umbrella. Well, that won't be a problem for most of them. They are not sure what this 'police' is though and what that object is. Both could be some dangerous magic artifacts.

~Alien👽 is online~

[Pen, is there anyone in your house right now?]

[What how did you know? Is this a prank?]

[No I told you someone is gonna come to your house few days ago! You didn't believe meh ¯⁠\⁠_⁠ಠ⁠_⁠ಠ⁠_⁠/⁠¯]

[You speak nonsense most of the time, how was I supposed to believe you?]

[Hey!ಠ⁠︵⁠ಠ Whatever, I'll come over and explain , you remember when I told you I worked with organization that brings people from other dimensions? Those people are related to the organization, I'll introduce you to them soon!]

[I thought you were just high on chocolates when you said that]

[Anyway, I'm otw there 😁 see ya]

~Alien👽 is offline~

Penelope kept silent for a few minutes looking at her phone screen. This still doesn't make sense. Alice just claims that these people might be related to her. She works for an organization that brings people from other dimensions. And she will introduce these people to her. 😑 This ain't weird at all.

She looks back up.

"Okay so my friend might have an idea on what is happening right now. She'll be coming here soon," Penelope said.

Silence. All the people's eyes are on her.

"Uhmm, would you guys like some drinks?" Penelope said, putting the umbrella she had been gripping hard onto the coffee table.

(Callisto's pov)

The last time I met her at the garden, I accused her as an intruder and put my sword on her throat. Now, I am the one treated as such an intruder. He smirked.

Is she planning to put that umbrella on my throat next?

It's not on my throat right now but it might as well be soon. I wonder what she will do. He chuckled lightly.

(Callisto's pov ends)

"Does this mean we're good now?" said Reynold while making a thumbs up with his hand. Everything is confusing, yes. But, he don't wanna deal with this anymore. 'Can we sit down now?' Reynold thought. Everything is a bit too much, he just wants to rest now.

Penelope was getting her groceries from the front door and putting it on the kitchen counter. "Yeah, I guess so" she replied nonchalantly. She started to sort out her groceries. Milk, eggs, apples, some chips, cereal and a bunch of other things.

Emily who saw that quickly went to Penelope. "Gasp, My Lady, what are you doing?!" Emily said with a half shouting tone and taking away a box of cereal from Penelope's hand. She is in disbelief. How could Lady Penelope do house chores?!! Where is her maid?!??

Penelope gave Emily a weird look. "I'm sorting out my groceries? You know, like taking out my groceries from the grocery bag and putting them into the cabinets and stuff?" Does this girl never buy groceries before?