My Trusted Deputy

2023 World Test Championship,

All back in India, a man was sitting with his daughter watching his kiddos on television who are going to get another heartbreak.
He knew after this match the trollers would not leave the slightest chance to troll them. His thoughts were broken by his daughter's voice...

Ziva:- Dad why are they looking upset

Mahi:- Nothing bacha we lost the championship na so that's why they are looking upset.

Ziva:-So what tell them to try again and then we will win

Mahi smiles and says:- Ok bacha I will tell them now go to your room and play.
Sakshi who was seeing all this father-daughter interaction came towards Mahi and said...

Sakshi:- Mahi I think you need to go to England, they all are not looking good and also they will need someone to console them.

Mahi:- Yeah I will book the tickets. Take care of yourself and zii.

In England,
Everyone is in the same room so that they all can console each other but truly said no-one has the courage to console anyone. Right now they need someone to console them, to tell them that it's okay we will fight back. Their thoughts were broken by the ring and Vi picked up the call...

Vi:- Hello
Receptionist:- Hello sir, someone has come to meet you.

Everyone gets into the thinking of who might come because they all send their families back to India

Vi:- Can you tell me the name of the person
Receptionist:- Sir, he was saying that he will tell the name only after meeting you.
Vi:-Okay send him to my room.

After 5 minutes, there was a knock on the door and Vi got up to open the door and was shocked to see someone...

Vi:- Mahi bhai a..aap
And he hugs him tightly like his life depends on him only and after hearing Vi's word everyone came running to the door and hugs him making a group hug.

Mahi:- Kiddos at least let me come in and then hug me...
Everyone leaves him reluctantly and let him in.
After sitting down,
Ro:- How did you come here suddenly bhai??
Mahi:- Why can't I come to meet my kiddos.
Ro:- It's not like that bhai but...
Mahi:- I know you guys are still stuck to the loss but kiddos don't think about that. You guys tried but it's just not your day.
Vi:- No bhai the whole fault is mine, I played that stupid shot when the team needed me.
Ro:- No Vi, it's not your fault it's mine.
Shami:- No it's my fault, I gave so many runs.
And like this they all started playing the blaming game...
Mahi:- Stop it guys, it is no one's fault. It's just not our day so no one will blame himself. Let's forget the past and prepare for the next matches and I know my kiddos will come back with a bang!
Jinks:- You're right bhai we will work harder and make a comeback again.
Vi:- Yes bhai we tried hard but couldn't finish the game but we will surely come back again.
And by this everyone's mood gets cheered up but there was one person who was still not able to forget the loss and stuck on the line we couldn't finish it.

Dinner Time,
Everyone was present there talking with each other and when Mahi came he scanned the whole table but still couldn't be able to find his one kiddo.
Mahi:- Guys where is Jad??
Shardul:- Bhai he told us that he is going to meet his relatives so will come late at night.
Mahi:- Oh..Okay

At 2am,
Everyone was sleeping except Mahi as his one kiddo still didn't come and also not picking the call.After sometime he was standing in his balcony still waiting for Jad' call when he sees that in this chilling cold temperature someone was sitting on a bench in the park. He doesn't know why his legs automatically took him there and when he reached near the bench he saw Jad was sitting lifelessly there. He was shocked to see him so goes near him and asks

Mahi:- Jaddu wth are you doing here and that too middle of the night. Have you gone mad or what??
Jad:- Bhai plz leave me alone for sometime
Mahi:- Why so that you can easily die at this chilling temperature??
Jad:- Bhai please I can explain everything to you in the morning.
Mahi:- Jad don't you dare say anything just come with me and about explaining things you have to explain so much.
After sensing that Mahi is getting angry Jaddu quietly follows him to his room.
Mahi:- Take this jacket and go to bed right now.

Jaddu quickly follows Mahi's order whereas Mahi orders soup for him.
When the order came Jaddu had a difficulty in drinking it as his hands were still shivering so Mahi took the bowl and started feeding him.

Jad:- Bhai, I can drink by myself
Mahi:- Oh really I had already seen it so for now just keep your mouth shut and drink it .

After feeding Jaddu, Mahi asked him

Mahi:- Now, can you care to explain what you are doing in the park and that too in this cold temperature?
Jad:- Bhai woh I was thinking something...
Mahi gives a look that "Are you serious"
Mahi:- Why the hotel management has told you not to think in the hotel but outside in the park.
Jad:- No Bhai woh...
Mahi:- Jaddu kiddo tell me what was bothering you. You call me you elder brother na then tell me bacha what had happened??
Jaddu didn't say anything and just hugged Mahi tightly and started sobbing.
Mahi:- Kiddo what happened tell me bacha why are you crying??
Jad:- Bhai I always fail everyone. I fail my mother, my family, my team, you and my fans. When the team needed me to score runs I couldn't do it. First it happened in 2019 then now I am not a good cricketer.
Mahi:- Jaddu kiddo what are you saying you put all your potential but sometimes it's just not our day kiddo. And who told you that you failed us. You know when fans think I will finish the match, I don't have any tension about that because I know even if I get out you will be there to finish the game. You can never fail us Jad because you're my Trusted Deputy
After listening Mahi's word Jaddu started feeling better
Jad:- Thank you Bhai
Mahi:- For what having idiots like you all.
And then they both started laughing
Jad:- Bhai wo plz don't tell anyone else...
Mahi:- Don't worry it will be our little secret.
And finally Jaddu gets sleep without any tension because he knows his bhai will always be there for him.